Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

ASA and 8 year olds

by DD98DAD » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:24 pm

In all fairness I feel ASA TD and the coaches of the Thundercats are to blame. Whenever a bracket doesn't form, the TD offers them to play in the higher age group. When the 10u bracket didnt form and the option was given to play in 12u, Thundercats asked is the Lil Saints team playing up also. TD told them yes. But it wasnt the 10u team as they dropped out. It was the 12u team that was already signed up. TD dropped the ball there. Not very difficult IMO to know what coaches name maybe associated with the age group of the team they are representing. The TD saw the team name but didnt realize it was 12u and not the 10u.

Coach dropped the ball, you are a 8u team, coming to a ASA tournament, that in AZ is known as the predominant A rated tourny, a little common sense would tell you that 8u cant compete and you are placing your girls at risk for injury as well as mentally discouraging them where they may not even want to see a softball again because of fear.
DD98DAD

by Profit1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:51 pm

yes - at 10u should be very good team like I said before. good luck if they stay together should be a good team for a long time.
Profit1

by THE MAD-DOG99 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:52 pm

DD98DAD wrote:In all fairness I feel ASA TD and the coaches of the Thundercats are to blame. Whenever a bracket doesn't form, the TD offers them to play in the higher age group. When the 10u bracket didnt form and the option was given to play in 12u, Thundercats asked is the Lil Saints team playing up also. TD told them yes. But it wasnt the 10u team as they dropped out. It was the 12u team that was already signed up. TD dropped the ball there. Not very difficult IMO to know what coaches name maybe associated with the age group of the team they are representing. The TD saw the team name but didnt realize it was 12u and not the 10u.

Coach dropped the ball, you are a 8u team, coming to a ASA tournament, that in AZ is known as the predominant A rated tourny, a little common sense would tell you that 8u cant compete and you are placing your girls at risk for injury as well as mentally discouraging them where they may not even want to see a softball again because of fear.

TD should refund them or give them a credit...

If the situation was as you explained..the 10U Saints would have mercied them too...
THE MAD-DOG99

by Profit1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:24 pm

OK now that I got it out(i feel better :D ;) :) :P ) and everyone has had something to say I hope we can lean from this.

1- Coaches at any level have to know their team and what they are moving up to play.
2- Parents its your child speak your mind to the coach I know some coaches do not like this but you are your child's coach.
3- TD's in all leagues know the teams trying to move up see if they are winning and competing when they move up or are they watering down that age group by moving up. You have the right to say NO next time.

ASA got hit this time with this post but it's going on in all the leagues!

Good luck AZ ThunderCats in the 8u worlds, I'm sure you will do great and show them the state of AZ knows how to play softball! (I was told they were playing in worlds)

:D Have a great day and have fun watching your children
Profit1

Previous

Return to AZ