Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

ARIZONA 12U RANKINGS/NEWS/TOURNEYS

by MAD-DOG99 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:36 pm

AZ Bomber wrote:I heard the KB's were pretty stacked with talent?!?!?!? Any insight?

YES, very impressive roster....very excited to see them play...
MAD-DOG99

by azsoftball99 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:40 pm

AZ Bomber wrote:I heard the KB's were pretty stacked with talent?!?!?!? Any insight?

12 of the Best 12u athletes in the state, and the best 12u coaching staff in AZ. :) :) :)
azsoftball99

by MAD-DOG99 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:40 am

About 20 at the Storm tryout, very happy to see. Their tryout was the latest and some

concerns about any players being left...?

I know about half these kids went to other tryouts, so lets see how it all falls into place...?
MAD-DOG99

by Arizona99 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:19 am

They had about 35 kids total between both tryout nights, quite a selection of pitchers to choose from especially the top 5. Pretty decent talent pool left and with what appears to be good coaches Storm should be able to make an impression.
Arizona99

by MAD-DOG99 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:32 am

Arizona99 wrote:They had about 35 kids total between both tryout nights, quite a selection of pitchers to choose from especially the top 5. Pretty decent talent pool left and with what appears to be good coaches Storm should be able to make an impression.

Very happy to hear. The Storm coach is a class act and shes got game...

I am getting final rosters forwarded to me...and will adjust any pre season rankings shortly if

necessary...
MAD-DOG99

by MAD-DOG99 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:11 am

AFTER TRYOUTS

Below is a pre season ranking for the upcoming fall season. 12U consisting of girls with birth years of 1998 and 1999.Just like this last year, there were some terrific 98 teams that played with and held their own against the big dogs(97's).They now BECOME the big dogs.
There will be some good 99 teams that can compete, just as the 98's did this last year...!!

The goal of the best 12U teams should be ASA Nationals in Montgomery , Alabama.

1.KILLER BEES 12U

Terrific coaching that knows how to win no matter the situation.
Have all previous year players returning core.Picked up some tremendous talent also.
Terrific pitching with a roster that is very interchangable. Hitting won't be a problem either.

2.SUNCATS 98

Outstanding coaches that have all their players returning including 2 terrific pitchers
and great players at all the primary positions.
This team is fundamental softball at it's finest.
They play hard and play to win.

3.AZ HOTSHOTS 98

Very strong with excellent coaches and a great core of players returning.
Some very good players added to this team.
Excellent returning pitchers as well.

4.WILDFIRE-

Good coaches that made some excellent additions to an already good group left from the 97 team.

5.SIERRA VISTA DIAMONDS 98- This team has made some very good showings towards the end of last year.A good group that has been together for some time now since 10U.
Hopefully they will get to play more often and against the higher ranked teams.

6.ARIZONA HOTSHOTS 12U

A terrific coach that gets the best out of any player he teaches.
This team will be competative with anybody.
Good players at all positions.

7.SCOTTSDALE STING 12U

This team played well this last year with consistent play.
Not competative with the big dogs last year, but they have a good return of players from last years team which should keep them in the ranks.

8.VIPERS 12U

Good coaching staff that has worked very hard being more competative with the big teams at the end of last year.
Good addition of talen from a team that folded should help this team stay in the hunt.

9.98 STORM

Good tryouts and starting with a great coach that knows the game and how to win.

10.LIL SAINTS 99
Good coaches with some very good pitching and good players at all the primary positions..
A top 10U team last year that keeps most of their players.

11.TEAM XTREME 99

Top 3 10U team from last year that keeps most of their players with an excellent coaching staff.

12.LIBERTY 12U

Top 3 , 10U team from last year, they lose some good talent , but add another very good coach that has tons of experience and knows the game.

New teams:

Chandler Crush
Az Sol
Wrecking Crew 12U
MAD-DOG99

by justplayball » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:12 pm

Hey Mad-dog,

I'm courious on where you might think the top 5 99' teams from Nationals would fall in your top 10 in AZ?
Just a thought.

1.Firecrackers
2.Jynx
3.White lightning
4.Batbusters
5. Eliminators / Pearland Phantoms
justplayball

by MAD-DOG99 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Great question and good discusion......I would say your list would be 4-8

While I take the risk of a good tongue lashing from the California folks among others :lol:

I think the top 3 in Arizona this year will represent just fine also against good 98 teams

from any part of the country..

Last year in Arizona it was the top 5

Dynasty, Team Az., CG Heat, AZ Hotshots 97 , Wildfire and then the rest.

Some good 98 teams that are now the top dogs, last year they just couldn't beat the 97s.

Team Az went to Nationals , finishing 4th against, obviously some great California and Texas

teams among others from the country.

Dynasty, IMO, would have faired very well or just as well, they just chose not to go.

This year, IMO, it will be the top 3 and then the others fighting for 4-8

I have had the pleasure of meeting the coaches of the California teams mentioned and they

are great coaches and great teams, but the top 3 from AZ can hold their own for sure..

Lastly, my understanding is 2 of the top 3 might be coming to play in Cali very soon, so we shall

see how they do..?
MAD-DOG99

by Arizona99 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Great job on the rankings MD. of course like any parent with a DD on a team, I think you should have Ranked her team higher....
Arizona99

by MAD-DOG99 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Arizona99 wrote:Great job on the rankings MD. of course like any parent with a DD on a team, I think you should have Ranked her team higher....

Dang, well I tried..... :lol:

Lets see after the first tourneys ...?

This is going to be a great and fun year...

BTW, Suncats already signed up for a Cali tourney next month....
MAD-DOG99

PreviousNext

Return to AZ