Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

ARIZONA 14U RANKINGS/NEWS/TOURNEYS

by GreenMachine » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Very good point junky. I agree with you and if the Fever is the better team they will step up and show it in the long run but the Aztecs should get ahead now. As always I love the Green teams :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GreenMachine

by rukidding » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:25 pm

I too agree that the Aztecs deserve to be ranked higher than Fever or Team Arizona. With three tournament wins behind them and the spanking they gave Stealth in the Hot Shot friendly they have proven to be one of the top 2 teams IMHO. The Aztecs have been looking great so far this fall.
rukidding

by biggun » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:21 am

correct me if im wrong, and theres a strong likelihood, didnt team az beat aztecs last coupla times they played? honestly not sure, if so wouldnt that make them a strong contender?
biggun

by sftblljunkie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:09 pm

You are correct. TAZ beat the AZtecs in the Best of the West tourney in Prescott. They have only played against each other once. AZtecs were hoping to have another chance during the HotShot friendlies but it didn't work out that way. It would be nice to see these two teams go at each other again. I think it would be a great match-up. TAZ is a tough lil team!! However, I still have to just go with the argument about fall season wins. It's gotta count for something. Ceratinly, I think the Cats96 should move up to the top with DT96 in second. Until Stealth starts winning something, they shouldnt be allowed to ride on their laurals forever. I think the 3 spot is a good choice. And I say it with all due respect, Stealth is a great team. But you gotta keep proving your the best team. ;)
No blood.....No bone.....No tears. Suck it up!!!
sftblljunkie

by Smom97 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Agree with that! Team AZ did beat the AZtecs in best of the west but the AZtecs made some nice pick ups before fall started as did Team AZ so I'm sure a game between these two teams can go either way. I wouldnt really factor in friendlies because they are "just" friendlies. Scramblers beat CATS in a DT friendly this year and in the hotshots friendly and Wildfire beat AZtecs would that happen in a regular tournament?? probably not.. I think the teams who win tournaments against the best competition should be at the top I know Stealth won the 16u USSSA but they havent played much else. AZtecs have won most of the 14u tournaments this fall but havent won anything in 16s, such as the CATS, Team AZ, and DT 96 have.. Team AZ has also taken 1st in 14s too..so for those reasons I would have to say this is my top 5 I definately think AZtecs deserve to be top 5.

CATS 96
DT 96
STEALTH
TEAM AZ
AZtecs

sftblljunkie wrote:You are correct. TAZ beat the AZtecs in the Best of the West tourney in Prescott. They have only played against each other once. AZtecs were hoping to have another chance during the HotShot friendlies but it didn't work out that way. It would be nice to see these two teams go at each other again. I think it would be a great match-up. TAZ is a tough lil team!! However, I still have to just go with the argument about fall season wins. It's gotta count for something. Ceratinly, I think the Cats96 should move up to the top with DT96 in second. Until Stealth starts winning something, they shouldnt be allowed to ride on their laurals forever. I think the 3 spot is a good choice. And I say it with all due respect, Stealth is a great team. But you gotta keep proving your the best team. ;)
Smom97

by AZ96Dad » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:26 am

AZ Cats 96 and Thunderhawks 14U are both playing up this weekend in 16's in the TCS Showcase of Lights in Las Vegas, good luck to both teams represent well! :)
AZ96Dad

by NumeroUno » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:10 am

Do most of the top 14U teams play 16s :?:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by AZ SOFTBALL » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:34 am

Yes, the top 14u teams in AZ mostly play 16u and sometimes at the 18u level other than in 14u tournaments for ASA qualification and frendlies.
AZ SOFTBALL

by Smom97 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:54 am

Congrats to Desert Thunder Blue for winning the Ghouls and Goblins 16u tournament in Phoenix this past weekend. The championship score was DT Blue 5 - Lil Saints 4
Smom97

by 97Cats » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Julie Reitan 14u teams as of 11/8 according to www.azsoftball.org forum

ACES
AZ Swat
Avalanche
Scramblers
Desert Wolves Adams
Tucson Storm 97
12U Killer Bees
Desert Thunder Blue
ThunderCats