Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

ARIZONA 14U RANKINGS/NEWS/TOURNEYS

by AZ SOFTBALL » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Green Machine. I see your point. However, it was hard to move Team AZ past an established team like 96 Scottsdale Fever based upon one early tournament even though they beat them twice. Team AZ is definately going to be fun to watch and track during the season. The 96 teams better bring their A game when they play this team. I think the top 14u teams are going to play up in 16u for most of the season (except for CA and Showcase). I wonder what Team AZ is planning beyond this tournament and how many chances will they have to play against the top 14u teams?
AZ SOFTBALL

by sftblljunkie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 am

Tucson AZtecs just took the Monster Ball in New Mexico this past weekend... I wouldn't bump them down in the rankings just because they chose not to play in PHX. They've won three tourneys this season.... they should be in the top five easily.
No blood.....No bone.....No tears. Suck it up!!!
sftblljunkie

by 97Cats » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:17 am

The AZtecs are at #6 right now which is where they should stay. I agree they shouldn't be bumped down. I think the top are

Stealth
Cats 96
DT 96
Fever
Team AZ
AZtecs
Lil Saints
Velocity 96
Dt blue
Scramblers
Wildfire
HotShots 97
CM Cobras
Congrats on the win AZtecs. How did the other AZ team do out there?
sftblljunkie wrote:Tucson AZtecs just took the Monster Ball in New Mexico this past weekend... I wouldn't bump them down in the rankings just because they chose not to play in PHX. They've won three tourneys this season.... they should be in the top five easily.
Last edited by 97Cats on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
97Cats

by sftblljunkie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:53 am

I disagree. I think your top three are correct but Fever and Saints havent won anything yet and have hardly played. Team AZ is a good choice. But you cant take away three out of five tourney wins from the AZtecs. Winning should count for something and making AZtecs four or five makes better sense to me.

On another note, I caught a game with the Tucson storm against a NM team. I dont know what the score ever was, but I thought the Storm looked pretty tough. I caought a Thundercats 16u game and they looked a little overwhelmed. The NM team they played was just hitting all over the place. However, NM was not very good at posting any kind of scores or brackets so I really don't know anything else. :(
sftblljunkie

by MAD-DOG99 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:57 am

Thx Cats and Junkie for your continued updates.

Congrats 97 Hotshots on winning ASA 14s

Congrats to Wolves-Firestone on winning TCS 14s and Wildfire for winning 16s
MAD-DOG99

by rukidding » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:46 am

MAD-DOG99 wrote:Thx Cats and Junkie for your continued updates.

What no props to the Team Arizona kids? Like it or not Mad-Dog they are turning out to be one of the better teams. They finished fourth at ASA nationals and have reloaded their roster and continued to impress everyone but you. You need to move past your personal dislike of this team. They are for real and prooving to be a force.

As far as the rankings goes. I agreee about the Aztecs. I think they should be the number four team and Fever drop down to number six. Its not just the two losses to Team Arizona but also the fact that they were easily handled in both games. Cm Cobras? They havent even played in state yet and I beleive their record is something like 2-8 right now. I place them at ten. The Saints showed this weekend that they have a lot of hard work in front of them and I am not sure they should be as high but not having seen much of the rest of the teams I say ok.

Stealth
Cats 96
DT 96
Aztecs
Team AZ
Fever
Lil Saints
Dt blue
Scramblers
Wildfire
HotShots 97
CM Cobras
rukidding

by 97Cats » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:21 am

rukidding wrote:
MAD-DOG99 wrote:Thx Cats and Junkie for your continued updates.

Cm Cobras? They havent even played in state yet and I beleive their record is something like 2-8 right now. I place them at ten.

Stealth
Cats 96
DT 96
Aztecs
Team AZ
Fever
Lil Saints
Dt blue
Scramblers
Wildfire
HotShots 97
CM Cobras

You're right about the Cobras. Good point on that!
97Cats

by MAD-DOG99 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:42 am

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Team AZ win was announced. I know this team. Ask anybody. Lol
MAD-DOG99

by MAD-DOG99 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:08 pm

UPDATES PAGE 1
MAD-DOG99

by sftblljunkie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:34 pm

I still dont agree with all of your choices. I think AZtecs and Fever should switch places. You yourself said the plate is wiped clean at the beginning of the season so the rankings should reflect that. Fever- 0 wins-- AZtecs 3 tourney wins. What does a green team have to do?????? ;)
sftblljunkie

PreviousNext

Return to AZ