Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

ARIZONA 14U RANKINGS/NEWS/TOURNEYS

by 97Cats » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Heard DT blue took 14s beating SWAT 10 to 2!!
Excellent job DT Blue!!
1st DT Blue
2nd SWAT
3rd Scramblers/Thundercats

CONGRATS to AZtecs for taking 16s!

And DT 96 took 18u Championship!!! Winning it 5 to 0!!!
:o. Wow!!! Great job DT96!!!
97Cats

by at-a-glance » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:11 am

After several weeks of great softball, I would have to rank the teams as follows, remember JMHO, and I'll make it easy, lol!!!

1. Stealth
1. Az cats 96
1. Desert Thunder 96
No clear cut Number 1 as of yet, all three teams are playing at a high level and clearly have the tourney wins to back it up. All three have good pitching and sticks in the line-up's.

4. Team Az.
Continues to surprise and play with the big boys. They are well coached and a team to watch!! For a first year team, they are turning out to be a powerhouse.

5. Scottsdale Fever 96
Also well coached and continues to play well in the 16's.

6. Tucson Aztecs
Good team!! They have represented well in their previous tourneys. This team is fun to watch.

7. Desert Thunder Blue
Have not seen this team play, but it appears they have shown good in their tourney's.

8. Scramblers 14U
Tough scrappy team that never gives up. Just when you think you beat them, they come back and win, this team is also fun to watch.

9. L'il Saints 14U
Good team overall! I don't think they found the chemisrty yet, but give them time and they will!

10. Az Wildfire
This team is always improving.

Right there....
Az hotshots 97
Cm Cobras
Desert Wolves-Firestone

I have watched all these team play and they are a bunch of great girls. It is always a matter of who brought their A game. I hope this does not cause a stir, just giving what I have seen and heard, thx!!!
at-a-glance

by 97Cats » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:23 am

I think this is a good start. Cats 96 have been playing a lot throughout the fall, and had some very good showings. DT96 has also played excellent ball this fall. I havent seen much of Stealth but they are always a top team. I think the top 3 could go either way, all very good teams.
I've seen Team AZ play in the fall and they are the best of the 97s out there, hands down just an overall great team.

Scottsdale Fever another very good team, who took 16s this weekend. Heard they played excellent ball.

AZtecs - This team has improved greatly from last year. They have one of the best catchers and power hitters in 14u and strong pitching, not the best pitching in 14s but they sure have some great hitters.

DT Blue is an excellent team. They didnt do too well in their 1st fall tournament but have sure picked it up since then. They haver great defense and excellent hitting. Very good team.

Tucson Scramblers - I agree this team is a lot of fun to watch. They are as scrappy as they come. They are a solid 97 team that no team should take lightly. They also took 1st in 16s this weekend which goes to show you can never really count them out.

I have not seen Wildfire or Saints this fall but I'm sure as always they have solid teams.

at-a-glance wrote:After several weeks of great softball, I would have to rank the teams as follows, remember JMHO, and I'll make it easy, lol!!!

1. Stealth
1. Az cats 96
1. Desert Thunder 96
No clear cut Number 1 as of yet, all three teams are playing at a high level and clearly have the tourney wins to back it up. All three have good pitching and sticks in the line-up's.

4. Team Az.
Continues to surprise and play with the big boys. They are well coached and a team to watch!! For a first year team, they are turning out to be a powerhouse.

5. Scottsdale Fever 96
Also well coached and continues to play well in the 16's.

6. Tucson Aztecs
Good team!! They have represented well in their previous tourneys. This team is fun to watch.

7. Desert Thunder Blue
Have not seen this team play, but it appears they have shown good in their tourney's.

8. Scramblers 14U
Tough scrappy team that never gives up. Just when you think you beat them, they come back and win, this team is also fun to watch.

9. L'il Saints 14U
Good team overall! I don't think they found the chemisrty yet, but give them time and they will!

10. Az Wildfire
This team is always improving.

Right there....
Az hotshots 97
Cm Cobras
Desert Wolves-Firestone

I have watched all these team play and they are a bunch of great girls. It is always a matter of who brought their A game. I hope this does not cause a stir, just giving what I have seen and heard, thx!!!
97Cats

by smiles101 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:32 am

Word on the street is the Aztecs 96 lost the catcher. Does anybody know where she went? :D
smiles101

by Smom97 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:11 pm

smiles101 wrote:Word on the street is the Aztecs 96 lost the catcher. Does anybody know where she went? :D

Yup we heard that too.. my daughter spilled the beans on that one..
Last I heard she went to the 96 CATS ... if that's actually true, then WOW :o that is a great pick up for the CATS!! #99 is a BIG homerun hiitter and an excellent catcher... The 96 CATS did post that they were in need of 1 more player a couple of weeks ago... Maybe they found her... That's a great team to go to in any case.. good choice if she actually did move.
That's a huge loss for the AZtecs tho... she really was a major part of that team.. wonder what happened?? :?: :?:
Smom97

by AZ96Dad » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:09 pm

I would throw Hotshots 96 and Thunderhawks ahead of Desert Wovles....but that is just my two cents on the subject. Cats to be are the clear cut number one right now, take #99 from Stealth and its not that close for number 2
AZ96Dad

by 97Cats » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:57 am

Ill go ahead and confirm that rumor.
The catcher is indeed now with the 96 CATS
Great player who will make an immediate impact!
smiles101 wrote:Word on the street is the Aztecs 96 lost the catcher. Does anybody know where she went? :D
97Cats

by AZ96Dad » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:42 pm

Ok I hear the Stealth #2 pitcher that has been hurt since nationals is up and throwing again and is back to throwing real well with the same velocity before the injury and that they may have also picked up a new pitcher from out of town that tops 60 mph......can anyone out there confirm this? Because if this is the case with that much pitching I think Stealth moves right back up to the clear cut number one team in 14's and probably better then most 16's because of pitching alone. I love the the way the Cats are playing ball right now and with the lineup that they throw out 1-11 is very impressive but IMO no one can overcome that much pitching!
AZ96Dad

by 97Cats » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:07 pm

I agree. If stealth indeed has all that going on and when they start playing consistently the pitching is lights out then yes they'll be the clear cut #1 but I really don't think u can determine much till you see them in action.
CATS have been working hard this fall those girls have been playing a lot and great ball.
Its gonna be fun to watch these 2 teams go up against one another. Looks like its going to be happening in the next few weeks!

AZ96Dad wrote:Ok I hear the Stealth #2 pitcher that has been hurt since nationals is up and throwing again and is back to throwing real well with the same velocity before the injury and that they may have also picked up a new pitcher from out of town that tops 60 mph......can anyone out there confirm this? Because if this is the case with that much pitching I think Stealth moves right back up to the clear cut number one team in 14's and probably better then most 16's because of pitching alone. I love the the way the Cats are playing ball right now and with the lineup that they throw out 1-11 is very impressive but IMO no one can overcome that much pitching!
97Cats

by smiles101 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:14 pm

To bad the stealth pulled out this weekend. It would have been worth going to Coolidge to see the Cats and Stealth play each other. What kind of team pulls out just because a coach can't make it. That shows a lot of trust in the other coaches. One man show!! :o

Smiles 101 :D
smiles101

PreviousNext

Return to AZ