Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

ARIZONA 10U RANKINGS/NEWS/TOURNEYS

by sbd-dad » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Looks like many of the same CA teams that were in the Huntington Beach tourney! Liberty had a decent showing there winning 3 of 5 including beating the Corona Angels on Saturday 3-1.

Corona Angels went on to win the tourney and it looked like the next closest game they had was a 7-1 win. Looks like the competition in Vegas is just as strong or stronger! Will be fun to watch....... :geek:
sbd-dad

by MAD-DOG99 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:07 am

I would guess by the name that the poster is referring to Strike Force 00 ?

They were not at Huntington and they will be the team to beat..!!
MAD-DOG99

by BDizLD2000 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:11 am

My opinion :D is how are we to say there is one team in 10u to beat in AZ whether it's Liberty00, AZCats00, Thundercats00, SV Diamonds00 etc. I've seen Thundercats beat Cats and Liberty. I've seen Cats beat Thundercats and heard about the close game with Liberty this past month which was a 2-1 outcome Liberty W (not a Suncat blowout LOL). I've seen Liberty play some AZ teams and take care of business. And I've seen the SV Diamonds beat the Cats and heard about them beating Liberty this past month. I'm going to have to say YEAH! to Liberty for playing more tournaments this past month but the year just started and I see all 4 teams going back and forth in the future. So coming from a parent that has no daughter on any of these teams "my opinion" is there are 4 #1 teams in AZ so go represent LOL :D .
BDizLD2000

by MAD-DOG99 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:31 am

Ah, you are so right. Really no reason to ever do rankings..

They are ALL great, blue ribbons for everybody..

Political correctness at it's finest...

You people are funny.... :lol:
MAD-DOG99

by BDizLD2000 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Oh I believe there should be rankings ;) . All I saying is Liberty is not the TEAM to beat in AZ and they're not a clear cut #1 10u team in AZ. Thundercats could beat them, AZCats could beat them, SV Diamonds already beat them. Any of the four could be #1. Hopefully we'll see Feb 26th at the TCS tournament I see most Phoenix teams in hopefully Tucson/Sierra Vista sign up. I would love to see who comes out on top.
BDizLD2000

by 2bsbdad » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:34 pm

As posted before, SV Diamonds only beat Liberty using 99's as did the Suncats. Liberty also has a 99 team yet they have never once used one of those girls, as they are all playing where they should, which is 12u. Now that the new year has hit and 99's are no longer allowed, these teams have yet to meet. Thundercats have had some great games against them but other than recent losses in friendlies or against teams with a few 99's, no one in AZ. has really stood up to the challenege. I do find it odd that these teams who were just competing with Liberty before the new year have improved since losing their 99's, where Liberty is the same team now that they were before Jan 1.
2bsbdad

by 98dad » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Hahahahahahha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the good laugh....No ones up to the challenge :lol:

Didn't the Diamonds just give you a good ol fashion a$$ kickin????
98dad

by 97Cats » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:38 pm

2bsbdad wrote:As posted before, SV Diamonds only beat Liberty using 99's as did the Suncats. Liberty also has a 99 team yet they have never once used one of those girls, as they are all playing where they should, which is 12u. Now that the new year has hit and 99's are no longer allowed, these teams have yet to meet. Thundercats have had some great games against them but other than recent losses in friendlies or against teams with a few 99's, no one in AZ. has really stood up to the challenege. I do find it odd that these teams who were just competing with Liberty before the new year have improved since losing their 99's, where Liberty is the same team now that they were before Jan 1.

I know it was just a friendly but CATS stood up to the challenge against Liberty in the 2 to 1 loss.. It sucks that cats and liberty have yet to play in tournament against each other but when they do that game could go either way. cats looked great beating Thundercats 14to 2 in the championship game on Sunday.. Also Thundercats did not use any 99s in the fall.. All their girls are 00s or 01s.. The thundercat team that beat liberty in the Julie Reitan had no 99s.
I think Liberty is very good.. Maybe edges out the other 2 teams by a hair, but not by much any game between the top 4 can go either way.. They're not a dominating force in 10u.. They're great but the other 3 teams can be just as great on any given day. Too close to tell really who the stand out #1 is..
97Cats

by softballfandad » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:56 pm

I would like to give props to the Desert Cobras and Xtreme for their play this weekend. I thought they both looked like they had improved since the Julie Reitan. As far as who is #1 in AZ, have only watched Liberty at the Julie Reitan and friendlies, and I didn't think that the Thundercats used 99s when they beat them. I believe that is the only tournament that Liberty, 00 AZ Cats, Thundercats and SVD have played in together. I don't know what you can surmise from a friendly, unless you know the entire team and are keeping score; who is batting the entire team, who is working on different situations and positions, etc. I just look forward to them all getting together again.
softballfandad

by ton80 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:16 pm

here you go Tucson here's your invitation to meet up with all these 10u teams dont cry about not meeting up in tourneys if you never come up to phx to play.
LEAD OFF CHAMPIONSHIP TOP-2 10U thru 14U A and B Divisions
TRIPLE CROWN SPORTS
Phoenix , Arizona
February 26-27, 2011

10A
1. _Extreme Fastpitch-Brian Bratcher
2. _Liberty-Jeff Chuirazzi
3. _AZ Wildfire-Toby Stone
4. _Hotshots-Miguel
5. _AZ Force 10u-Glen Sgamba
ton80

PreviousNext