Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

ARIZONA 10U RANKINGS/NEWS/TOURNEYS

by softballfandad » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:40 pm

My DD team would love to come to that tournament, however, that is the same weekend as the Tucson rodeo. Kids are out of school Thurs/Fri, and some families take that long weekend to go out of town. I know my DD team has on their schedule to make multiple trips to Phx and Northern AZ this spring
softballfandad

by sbd-dad » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Excellent looks like 7 10U teams entered int he TCS this weekend!!! Good job with two Tucson teams making the trip!! 8-)
10A
1. *Xtreme Fastpitch-Brian Bratcher
2. *Liberty 00-Jeff Chuirazzi WILL TAKE 4TH POOL GAME SAT.
3. _AZ Wildfire-Toby Stone emailed OK perTobyMattwillpay
4. _*Hotshots-Miguel Gonzalez paidcc2/20 EARLY SAT.
5. *AZ Power 10u-Glen Sgambati
6. _*AZ Desert Cobras (Sahuarita)-Carlos Somoza mailedchk2/19
Team 6. Early Sat. if possible
7. *Team 2000 (Sahuarita)-Laura Watson

GAME times are out!! Good luck to all
sbd-dad

by 97Cats » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:09 am

Just saw the scores for the weekend. Could this Team 2000 be the Thundercat Allstar team t here was rumblings over the break that Laura was putting together the best girls in 10u could this be it or was this the regular Thundercat team? Saw that Laura Watson is the coach and they put on some major scores in pool play...
Who ended up taking 1st??
97Cats

by sbd-dad » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:51 am

I did not see them play but walking by noticed there were different warm-ups from multiple teams they were wearing.
Looked like they walked through POOL play! 10-14U did not play Sunday due to rain.

Heard from a parent they may be playing together randomly to let the younger 12U Suncat girls get playing time that don't see much of on the 12U Suncat team.

Either way scores showed they must be a solid 10U! Wish the Suncats would start a 10U they would instantly be good and add another 10U team to the mix.
sbd-dad

by 97Cats » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:09 pm

10u Suncats are playing in the battle of the aces tourney in Tucson in 2 weeks.
Good to see they have a 10u team going. That's too much young talent they have we'll see how they look!
97Cats

by hoopsnyoyo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Are they splitting for the weekend? Looks like they are also playing in Vegas this weekend under 12U.
hoopsnyoyo

by 97Cats » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Not sure what the plan is for their weekend. I was just pleasantly surprised when I saw the Suncats were playing in the same tournament as one of my girls. They always raise the level of competition I'm glad to see they put together a 10u team.
According to my dd, who is 10 mind you, so this informatio may not be to accurate :lol: thats the All-star team Coach Laura put together she said her friend plays on that team and on the Thundercats too. Either way, like you said it looks like they breezed through pool play....!
97Cats

by sbd-dad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Any Predictions for Friday night??

Looks like Team 2000 and Liberty could meet in the Championship if they get by their Semi-final games (Liberty will have a tougher semi).

Should end up being the top 2 pitchers in 10U battling it out. Head-to-head the Liberty Pitcher is 2-0 but not against the line-up team 2000 will have! :o (last two was vs Sierra Vista team) Should be fun to watch...........if they get to the Championship!! 9PM Rose Mofford..........

Thoughts?? Still not sure why Tucson needed an All Star team......The Cat teams were all solid. Not even sure if legal for ASA rosters :?: ..........although TCS should be fine...................

Should still be a good game.......... :!:
sbd-dad

by 97Cats » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:06 pm

If pool play is any indication of how good this Team 2000 is then I will say they beat Liberty in the championship game. If I read correctly these teams played against each other in pool games right? Who pitched?
So is the SV Diamonds ACE pitcher now with this team team 2000 or is she still with the Diamonds? I guess I'll find out this weekend as the Diamonds are one of 4 10u teams in the Tucson spring fever tournament. I know the 00 CATS lost a 2000 player to the 12u Thundercats this fall and I would not be surprised if she is part of this "all-star" team too because she is one heck of a player. But are you able to play on 2 different teams? Maybe they are using all their girls as pickups??
:?: :?:
sbd-dad wrote:Any Predictions for Friday night??

Looks like Team 2000 and Liberty could meet in the Championship if they get by their Semi-final games (Liberty will have a tougher semi).

Should end up being the top 2 pitchers in 10U battling it out. Head-to-head the Liberty Pitcher is 2-0 but not against the line-up team 2000 will have! :o (last two was vs Sierra Vista team) Should be fun to watch...........if they get to the Championship!! 9PM Rose Mofford..........

Thoughts?? Still not sure why Tucson needed an All Star team......The Cat teams were all solid. Not even sure if legal for ASA rosters :?: ..........although TCS should be fine...................

Should still be a good game.......... :!:
97Cats

by sbd-dad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:47 pm

I heard Liberty did not throw their #1 vs Team 2000 in POOL :cry: . Team 2000 started the SV Diamonds pitcher but she only went 2-3 innings.......game was out of hand early!

I agree with you if this team is truly the best of the best in Tucson they will be hard to beat! Having 9 solid bats in the line-up is a nice advantage especially in 10U even vs the #1 from Liberty!

Although I heard Liberty's #1 threw a 2-3 hitter vs the Corona Angels who supposedly are the #3 team in CA! And looking at the scores in the Huntington Beach tourney they can score runs! They only managed 1 against Liberty's #1.

Should be a very entertaining game! I guess you would say Liberty would be the underdog!!! I'm going to try and get out and see it although kind of kills a Friday night!!
sbd-dad

PreviousNext

Return to AZ