Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

USSSA "The Ribbon" tournament

by thebest14uhitterinaz » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:56 am

gone in sixty seconds
Last edited by thebest14uhitterinaz on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebest14uhitterinaz

by heynow » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:41 pm

Everyone that watches softball in AZ knows that whenever #99 is pitching, she isn’t going to give up many runs if any. Whoever won the game between Stealth and Fever on Sunday was most likely going to win this tourney. Fever did pick up a pitcher that didn’t play with them last year. From what I saw out there, she would be a #1 if she played for most of the other teams this weekend.
heynow

by Smiley » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:26 pm

thebest14uhitterinaz wrote:what makes you think my daughter plays on the team?

Nobody would come so unglued defending a team that they did not support with all their heart and soul. Your kid plays for Fever, and well might be a pitcher.

Also, take a look at my prior posts, going back to last year. I always have said Fever is a very good team (it is), but with average pitching. That was all I intended by my post-tournament comment, and I think most impartial observers would agree. I picked Fever to win this tournament on the strength of hearing that they picked up a top pitcher. But then they apparantly didn't use her against Stealth in two games, so if they did get someone else the coaches must not think she is the No. 1. That means they STILL have pitching issues. So do a lot of teams, so that isn't really a slam (unless you are on the team and think your team has no flaws). It is just like me saying that the Cardinals have quarterback problems. Derek Anderson and his family might disagree and think he is the best QB in the NFL. My opinion still is valid.

I really didn't start any of these posts to debate Fever and I don't much care since Fever will be playing mostly 16U. But if you think Fever has dominant pitching that will carry them against top teams, you are delusional. Everyone agrees that pitching wins games, right? Then why was Fever at Western Nationals rather than Nationals, and fared poorly at that? And that is when they had a top 95 pitcher who now is gone.

That said, I have changed my mind. IMO, Fever is the best team in the country, with the best hitters, best defense, and best pitching. I predict Fever will win ASA Nationals, Premier, and in a surprise, will also win the WCWS. There. Feel better about your team now?
Smiley

by thebest14uhitterinaz » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:35 pm

gone in sixty seconds
Last edited by thebest14uhitterinaz on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebest14uhitterinaz

by Smiley » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:42 pm

thebest14uhitterinaz wrote:I see a BIGGER picture than going to Nationals

Which is what everone who wanst to go to nationals but can't make it says. But at least you have the BIGGER picture of watching your DD play D1 ball. How do I know that? Because she is "the best 14U hitter in AZ." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Smiley

by thebest14uhitterinaz » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:46 pm

gone in sixty seconds
Last edited by thebest14uhitterinaz on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebest14uhitterinaz

by thebest14uhitterinaz » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:50 pm

gone in sixty seconds
Last edited by thebest14uhitterinaz on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebest14uhitterinaz

by 97Cats » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:52 pm

thebest14uhitterinaz wrote:And again for the record, what makes you think my daughter plays for this team?

"Nobody would come so unglued defending a team that they did not support with all their heart and soul. Your kid plays for Fever, and well might be a pitcher."

I think Smiley answered that in his previous post, see above ;)

Finally some good discussions over here!!!
97Cats

by GreenMachine » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:02 pm

:roll: Yikes I can't even remember what the original discussion was. Every parent gets defensive, it is okay.

I believe the original poster said in their "opinion" which means just that. They are allowed to have their opinion whether they watched one game or 100.
GreenMachine

by Smiley » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:07 pm

thebest14uhitterinaz wrote:Yawn....First you say its a pitcher on the team now you say "the best 14U hitter in AZ"... Which is it??? Or should I ask whats your "opinion"? :lol:

My guess is that your DD is a pitcher, but you also think she is a great hitter. (Don't all pitcher's parents think that?) But really it doesn't much matter. I am bored with you and this whole Fever thing. Sorry you are so worked up about one guy thinking Fever is not the best team in AZ. Can I suggest that you get a life that does not revolve around your child's softball play? I think you would be much happier.
Smiley

PreviousNext

Return to AZ