Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

Final 12u Rankings

by Arizona99 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Ok so the final tourney has come and gone in PHX so here is my take on the final rankings of 2010.

1) Killer Bees- After a scare by liberty they came back to form blowing out their last two opponents to close out the year. I think they have yet to lose a game in 12u in AZ.
2) Suncats - again a distant 2nd to the Bees.
3) Wildfire- Very solid and looking to get better, don't see many weak spots here.
4) Hotshots Teal - Still solid but looking more beatable as the year goes on.
5) Hotshots Red - Integrating new players and poor showing this weekend should refocus their game.
6) Xtreme- Always in the mix but they might be topping out here unless they get another ace to take them deeper into tournaments.
7) Storm98- Poor weekend missing too many key elements, players and coaches, to effective this weekend, should be back to form next tournament.
8) Liberty- Great game against the Bees, but the late game errors have doomed them in several games throughout the season.
9) 98 Cats- second cousins to the suncats, play them well but needs to play some phx teams before we can get the full story on them.
10) Scottsdale sting- not sure if they are going have a 12u in two weeks, let along one that would be ranked.
10) Vendetta 12u- Coaches have done a great job with these girls, but they need to start requesting tougher pool play to advance any more. Does no good to blow out rec team in pool play and get blown out once they face a real test in bracket play.

Just my take, any other thought? I'm all ears.
Arizona99

by Scottsdale Sting » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Sometimes the posts here are like reading the comics on Sunday morning - good for a chuckle.

Arizona99 - is there something you know that I don't know?

Our 12U Scottsdale Sting girls are going strong and looking forward to the upcoming year. We were originally signed up to play this last weekend but opted out of the tournament. Our girls (all 26 of them from our 12U and 14U teams) and families took this last weekend off from tournament play to spend their Saturday at a homeless shelter passing out clothing and gifts to the needy.

Our girls continue to work hard and enjoy the game of softball. Isn't it interesting how our team that practices only twice a week, 2 hours a practice keep winning games? Our roster is comprised of 13 98's and 1 99. I have used a couple of 97's from our 14U team in two tournaments (out of the 6 we played) when I was missing players. Last I checked they were still considered 12U eligible when they played and I know for a fact from conversations with other coaches that MANY teams have been using 97's - it's just a fact of life in the fall.

I'd like to also point out that we have had many coaches approaching our players in an attempt to recruit - shame,shame. Funny how you guys had no interest in our players a year ago when we weren't winning as much...did you not see the potential in them then or were you too worried about winning to invest any time in them? Oh well...that's a topic for another day.

See you on the dirt in 2011!
Scottsdale Sting
Scottsdale Sting

by sbd-dad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:22 pm

Shame on the coaches for recruiting during the season!! Sad but many do it! Those that do don't have the right philosophy at this age! They are in it for themselves..........

Advertise on one of the post pages if you need a player.......and if someone is not happy with their current situation they will contact you. Hope your players realize they are part of a current team and will be letting their teamates down if they leave.

Wait until August and that is when coaches have the right to contact players! Just remember players and coaches will get branded for better or worse :roll:

Sting congrats to your team for what sounds like a good fall and good luck in 2011!
sbd-dad

by MAD-DOG99 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Sting,

Don't be to hard on Arizona 99 , he was just trying to help.... :lol:

I am aware of your team and will have you right around 7 to start off the new year....!!!

Vipers are in the mix, shame on you 99 for forgeting them...!!!
MAD-DOG99

by Arizona99 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Sting well at least you are reading the post, and getting the talk going which is the main purpose,. Aside from that, the talk was you were using several 97's on the 12u team and based on say a 12 man roster that would leave you without the abilty to roster a whole team. Yes many teams use one or two 97's but it seems that sting used far more than most. This is not the first time it's been repeated and not by just me without any response or denial from anyone at sting central so forgive me if I counted it as reliably true and no offense intended. If as you say the core of your players that started in your tournaments were 98's then yes, I agree with MadDog and you should be placed around 6th or 7th.

No, I didn't forget about Vipers or Lil Saints, but as far as rumors go they may be having some player issues come the new year and working with light rosters. Vipers are a good little team but have seemed to have problems getting permanent players all year and as for saints I've heard some rumblings on a couple of players but that could be nothing but mid year discontent with nothing coming from it.

One final thing, MadDog glad you are coming back, trying to take all the teams into consideration is harder than it seems.
Sting what is your take an where teams stand? I'd certainly like to hear what others are thinking and what I've missed.
Arizona99

by Smom97 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:30 am

there are a couple good Tucson teams that should be considered to be on the radar for next season.
99 Thundercats have been looking pretty good as of late. Cant compete with the top 5 but will be in the mix with 6-10 thats for sure.

98 Roadrunners are gonna be a new team here in Tucson and they picked up some great girls. Definitely a team that should be up in the mix.

Look forward to seeing all the 12u talent next season... and shout out to the KB on your 7-0 weekend!
Smom97

Return to AZ