Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

10U Championship GAME Feliz Navidad

by AZwatcher » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:57 am

Wow! What a great game.............congratualations to Desert Kaos99 on the Championship win!!

4-3 in 11 innings (5 extras). Crazy game where both teams could have won it many times. Both pitchers pitched incredible pitching complete games. Nice way for DK to go out before they move up to 12U in January and the Liberty girls never gave up.

Trailing 2-1 in the bottom of the 6th inning with 2 outs and their 3rd baseman (Liberty) hits a double down the line to tie the game. This game was a great learning game for the young Liberty team that can only help them down the road.

What did others think? Their were a lot of fans watching this one on Field #1 at Victory Lane.

Congratulations to both teams :o
AZwatcher

by 98dad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:07 am

Heard it was 165+ pitches in the Championship game for Liberty's #1.

She also pitched 2 complete games on Saturday.
98dad

by sbd-dad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:52 pm

I saw the #1 from the Liberty WIN the Championship game vs. Kaos 98 last December! Is she really a 2000? She had to be throwing in the mid 40's last year and this year looks to be in the 50's.
Can anyone confirm she is really a 2000? I know she was one of the top pitchers on the Libery99 team last year. :? Every out I saw Saturday was a K? I can't imagine a better 2000 in the State if she is really a 2000?

Feedback?
sbd-dad

by tmolina » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:38 am

I can confirm she is a 2k... :P
tmolina

by 98dad » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:32 pm

She's the top 2000 pitcher in Phoenix for sure.

I think it would be a great battle between her and the girl from the Diamonds.

Whats the rest of the young pitchers out there look like? What about Liberty's other pitcher? How are they? Any of the other Phoenix teams have any quality pitchers? Wildfire? HotShots? Xtreme?

Sounds like the Cats have a young stud pitcher, are there any others out there?
98dad

by AZwatcher » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Head to head they pitched twice against each other in the end of July in the ASA Prescott Tourney!!

Great battle the Liberty won a late finish Saturday night game 3-2 but both pitchers pitched execellent. Diamonds had to come through the losers bracket and beat Liberty twice. Diamond pitcher ran out of gas having to pitch 1 or 2 games before the and the Liberty won pretty easily in the championship.

This was the first tourney the 2000 girls played together for the Liberty.
AZwatcher

by 97Cats » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:26 am

Yup, that was the problem with the Diamonds pitcher when she was on the Diamonds. She was pretty much the only pitcher they had so by Sunday she would usually run out of gas. Now that shes on the Thundercats though, she's gonna get some much needed help. In addition to pitching help she is also going to have better defense and offense, It's gonna take her pitching to another level, in my opinion. I think she could easily be the top pitcher in the state come next year.

The Thundercats also have #30 who is a 02' although you couldnt tell by her size.. She is the coaches daughter and a solid #2 pitcher.

The CATS have their young ACE who throws junk.. She's not the type of pitcher who will over power you with speed but shes got some nasty pitches and lots of stamina.. can easily throw 3 or 4 games in 1 day. Threw 6 games in the Julie Reitan tournament including 3 shut outs.

I know the Douglas Dawgz had a pretty good pitcher, but that team was made up of about half 99s so not sure what year she was.

Its a shame the Suncats arent going to have a 10u team. The 2 pitchers they had playing on the 99 Suncats were very good. I believe they were 01 or 02s not sure but man those lil gals threw junk!!
97Cats

by 97Cats » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:20 am

Most of the games she threw were shortened sat Cats 13 Cobras 0 / sun CATs 13 - Xtreme 0
CATS 8 - Thundercats 0 (semis) Diamonds 4 - CATS 2 (championship)
as u can see by some of those scores 2 of the 4 games i saw
didnt go more than 3 innings..
Spazsdad wrote:
97Cats wrote: can easily throw 3 or 4 games in 1 day. Threw 6 games in the Julie Reitan tournament

Are you people insane??????
97Cats

by southernman » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Maybe the parents of those two young athletes should start studying the following if they continue to allow their kids to pitch that many innings and games every weekend.

The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources for Thoracic outlet syndrome includes the 7 symptoms listed below:

•Shoulder pain
•Arm pain
•Hand pain
•Finger pain
•Pain in 4th and 5th fingers
•Tingling in 4th and 5th fingers
•Arm fatigue
•more information...»
Read more at http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/t/thoracic_outlet_syndrome/symptoms.htm?ktrack=kcplink

If that is not enough information, have a talk with Kenzie Fowler about the consequences of Pitching too many games and too many innings at a young age.

By the way, no one will remember, nor will any college coach ever be interested in, how many games your DD won at 10U, 12U, or 14U.
southernman

by softballfandad » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Agree southernman. Rest assured, the 2000 AZ CATS coach has not, and would not pitch a girl, at this age, that much in a weekend. The pitcher did pitch in 5 games, 2 complete, with one of those being the semi-final against the Thundercats where it was 8-0 and Game 1 Sat am against the Dawgz .Otherwise, she pitched limited in the other 3, and I believe only 1 inning in Championship game, and that was due to injury to the second pitcher of that game.
softballfandad

Return to AZ