Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

What happen to 12u Fever?

by luvnball » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:54 pm

Yes the fever is back but by name only, no pitching and three players yikes. Good Luck Fever. Dont be fooled by the name :o
luvnball

by porcupine » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:03 pm

We played fever a few times at 10U. Good team with good coaching. If the coaches DD is the girl pitching for Firecrackers she is very good but they had a few girls as good or better. Don't know why anyone would travle out of state with a 12 year old unless they had problems. Otherwise she could just play up at 14s (16s? 18s? 18Gold) in state if she is good enough. Sounds like it was more the coach or the daughter than the other kids/parents. IMHO.
Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.
-Otter
porcupine

by kksdparlich » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:32 pm

Far Away Angel why dont you stop hiding behind your screen name and tell me who you really are. I have never hid behind anything or anyone - that is why i put my screen name on the posting. I am far from bitter and emotionally charged, I am just someone who shows his emotions quite easily. If you are truly someone who doesn't know me I dont see how you can judge me but I think you are one of those spinless so called friend that I tried to help your kid for the past two years. For those who dont know me the reason I moved to Arizona was to relax and be semi retired. If I knew the people that I would be associated from Scottsdale were the way they were I would of never been connected with them or the organization. At least in Chicago people would tell you to your face if they had a problem with you unlike the people that I dealt with in Scottsdale. My girls reputations will never be in jeopardy because their actions on the field speak for themselves. You can find a softball community that fits your standards if you look hard enough and your child really wants it bad enough. If you are the person who I think you are give your husband his balls back! If not I'm sorry and thanks for your input.
kksdparlich

by AM Softball » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:14 pm

KP: I think you should do what you feel is best for you, your daughter, and your family.

BUT...Just a FYI...

Most (not all before I get heybucket bashed, lol), MOST Ca people are far worse that AZ when it comes to FAKE (this is the industry world here in CA). Parents will be parents but there are a lot of FAKE coaches out there too so good luck.
AM Softball

by azfastpitch » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:46 pm

If there is any question in anyone's mind as to why '96 Fever disbanded....please refer to ex head coaches previous posts
azfastpitch

by scorkep » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:35 am

Wow, I am sorry I asked!! Just really surprised to hear all of that about this team. We played them many times, and they all seemed to get a long great and looked like they were having a good time while at the fields! Sorry to hear about the problems. I know they were a well coached team and always put a good game on the field. Good Luck to all the girls, where ever they maybe playing.
scorkep

by redzone » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:59 pm

The Parlichs know what it takes to raise an athlete. With one on her way to Arizona State and a younger daughter who is an exceptional player, I wouldn't question their decision making. As a Firecracker parent, I've seen the incredible sacrifices they've made for their kids. They are good parents, good friends and knowledgeable softball people. Here's something refreshing about Keith Parlich: he'll tell you exactly how he feels. There is no pretense. Honesty isn't always a valued commodity in the world of travel softball, but it's a quality he has. The Parlichs have been a great addition to the Firecracker family.
redzone

by Blind Squirrel » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:33 pm

redzone wrote:The Parlichs know what it takes to raise an athlete. With one on her way to Arizona State and a younger daughter who is an exceptional player, I wouldn't question their decision making. As a Firecracker parent, I've seen the incredible sacrifices they've made for their kids. They are good parents, good friends and knowledgeable softball people. Here's something refreshing about Keith Parlich: he'll tell you exactly how he feels. There is no pretense. Honesty isn't always a valued commodity in the world of travel softball, but it's a quality he has. The Parlichs have been a great addition to the Firecracker family.

Knows what it takes to raise an athlete? Decision making? Really? What cosmic knowledge/decision making might that be? How about take them to try outs, lessons, games and practices. Pay the fees. Buy them equipment. Maybe work with them. What did I forget?

I don't know the guy, never had a problem with any of the teams involved. He and his kid may be the greatest people in the world. I have no way of knowing. But ascribing youth sports parenting omniscience based upon how well his kids play a game is stretching it. Based upon your description, he sounds like quite a few parents I've known over the past 10 years, across 6 or so different sports.

I guess Einstein's parents should have written a book on how to raise a genius.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to AZ