Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

AZ - Poll ASA, TCS, USSSA or Friendly's?

AZ - ASA, TCS, USSSA or Friendlies which format of Tournaments do you prefer & Why?

ASA
67%
Triple Crown
14%
USSSA
14%
Friendly's
5%

Total votes : 21

by Politico » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:52 pm

Politico has been Hijacked :cry:
Last edited by Politico on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Politico

by Softballknucklehead » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:02 pm

I prefer ASA - Better Tournaments Better Teams! TCS this year is becoming the B team tournament place to play.
Softballknucklehead

by sftblljunkie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:40 am

I would love to vote for ASA but the organization down here in Tucson is really starting to suck. I wish TCS would start down here and USSSA just went away. Friendly's? There's no such thing as a friendly game :mrgreen: :lol:
No blood.....No bone.....No tears. Suck it up!!!
sftblljunkie

by USFA » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:30 pm

How about USFA comming to AZ? We are team friendly. We allow up to 12 batters everygame with free subsitution of the girls in the batting order check us out www.usfastpitch.com.
We are looking for teams to host our events in AZ.
Bobby Hair
USFA Western Region VP
USFA

by az.fever22 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:18 am

Don't need another association in the State. Three is enough and they fight each other for fields and teams, than none of the tournaments are all that good. Anyone of the three could take charge as all three have small tournament fields. ASA did a great job with the new computer program :lol: , TCS is just a "BUSINESS" and they only care about your $$ and USSSA does a good job but not enough teams.
az.fever22

by sizzleg11 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:53 pm

ASA is the group that will be standing when the dust settles. They are the only group truly looking to better the game and the opportunities for the girls. TCS is definitely just a "business". They charge the most and deliver the least. USSSA local leadership is only trying to accommodate his own "average" B teams. What we should be doing is coming up with ideas that will better ASA locally
sizzleg11

by THE MAD-DOG99 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:47 pm

Maybe you should read the thread about ASA in Texas VS VTD....
First off ASA is a business too...just because they have a non profit status...means nothing..
As far as cost...TCS tourneys are $35 more than ASA...WOW..they are definately just taking advantage of everyone...??
Be thankful for what AZ has after reading that Texas thread..truly a shame what they have to go through...
VTD listed the Casa Grande Tourney..ASA has always done a great job, but so has TCS...USSSA is actually the most expensive...but teams play there when they need to play...

To answer your other question on the other thread....any tourney held in Tucson...if weather is an issue becomes a complete nightmare..no communication from the TD

It has gotten better, but nowhere near to the PHX crew...
TCS...always is on the ball...mostly B teams granted, but schedule permitting A will play too..

Always works out very well......
THE MAD-DOG99

by AZ Bomber » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:50 pm

ASA Phx = Best teams, Best Fields & Locations, Best Format

ASA Tuc = Ok, Lincoln & Golf Links are nice parks, everything else a little below average, hope our team doesnt go back.

TCS = Ok, all about the $$, Festival Park becoming the norm is not good. The 'Lodging Policy' at big events is ridiculous. One day format can be nice.

USSSA = Ok, just cant seem to entice the teams.

Friendly's = We dont have enough friendly's in AZ, the cheap way to get in great competition.
AZ Bomber

by morgan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:47 pm

My first criteria for entering a tournament is the one that will offer the most competitive games for my team. So from that standpoint, that can be a different org. from week to week.

But from a coach/administrator standpoint, the more stuff that ASA lays on, i.e. overpriced insurance, ACE, re-do the rosters & photos, re-submit the birth certs, the better USSSA looks. They have been sketchy in the past, but they play at the same Phoenix city complexes that ASA does, plus Rio Vista, Victory Lane, BLD, which are expensive but nice parks. Also, they seem to be attracting more teams lately, this weekend has a full plate of teams in 12,14,16s. 8-12 teams is a good sized weekend tourney, any more and the Sunday games start to go really late.

USSSA is more user friendly, in terms of getting teams signed up & playing, evidenced by the dozen or so new teams that have just added. Umps seem just as good or better, even with the red shirts. As for the competitive level, we usually just play up one age group. Our organization is committed to qualify for ASA, but I would say USSSA is my pick right now for local tourneys.

Friendlies - Love them, need to do more.

TCS - Mostly B teams and B parks, and I just grew tired of where do we play? when do we play? Sat, Fri/Sat, Fri/Sat/Sun?
morgan

by THE MAD-DOG99 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:18 am

Morgan and Bomber bring very good points and lay it out nicely..The only thing I would add is looking at the big picture...with ASA and their end of year events...

And Fever did say it best unfortunately for USFA we already have plenty to choose from...

Once again ASA does a great job in Phoenix and we are very fortunate but as far as Nationals that's were ASA needs to get a clue..For those of you that think ASA doesn't care about $$$ or is " the best association concerned for the girls"..I would remember that this years Nationals are in ..Spokane, Wa....College Station, Tx.......Moline, Ill.....Bloomington, In.....Chattanooga, Tennessee..?

So to complain about TCS prices or their "lodging policy"....?

Sorry, would rather go to Park City or Colorado...

12B Westerns in Las Cruces...?

10B Westerns in Tucson in August...?

Would love to see the expression on the face of a coach going there from Colorado or Utah when he finds out his pool play games are at 4 AM..6 AM..and 9 PM...!!
THE MAD-DOG99

Next

Return to AZ