Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Umpires point of view..

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by HugoTafurst » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:45 am

lvtwft wrote:Now why is it, that all the orgs(ASA,NSA,IFA,USSSA,USFA ETC) can not agree on a rule book?
Playing fastpitch, and going from one org to another every other week or so, does get a little confussing. At times I have been known to argue a ASA rule playing in IFA or so on.. :roll:
Then you just feel like an idiot. Or the ump will state a rule and it is not for that org.
WHY is this still a problemo?? :?:

1) Copyright laws?
2) as pictured below - a better mousetrap (in their minds)
HugoTafurst

by umpinva » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:15 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
SnocatzDad wrote:Doesn't NSA just take last years ASA rule book and change the date and the first A to a N with a sharpie marker? :D

Yeah .... and then they run it through the 'easiertoread' machine that they must borrow from NFHS ... :o

That must be when they add all the typo's. :o
umpinva

by MTR » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:25 pm

SnocatzDad wrote:Doesn't NSA just take last years ASA rule book and change the date and the first A to a N with a sharpie marker? :D

You laugh, but years ago when I played in my first NSA tournament that is exactly what the umpires were referencing.
MTR

by HugoTafurst » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm

MTR wrote:

You laugh, but years ago when I played in my first NSA tournament that is exactly what the umpires were referencing.

Is this a rules diferences test? :?:

Right now defense conferences, courtesy runner and DP/Flex come to mind....
HugoTafurst

by slapperdad » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:11 am

HugoTafurst wrote:
MTR wrote:

Is this a rules diferences test? :?:

Right now defense conferences, courtesy runner and DP/Flex come to mind....

I've worked NF and NCAA Football, there is a study guide that lists the differences between NF and NCAA in Football, it's about as thick as the NF and NCAA rule books combined. If you lump every organizations rules into the mix, you would most likely end up with Encyclopedia Britannica.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by Bretman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:41 pm

A similar guide exists for baseball- Baseball Rule Differences by Carl Childress. This book covers just three rule sets, NFHS, NCAA and MLB baseball and tops out at 416 pages!
Click Here >>> To Visit The Glove Shop On-Line
Bretman

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner