Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Bat sounds wrong ? ... or rather, too right

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by GIMNEPIWO » Sun May 01, 2011 6:04 pm

... Has anyone else ever heard the sound of bat hitting ball that makes you say : " WTF kinda bat was that ? " ... Then you see that the bat is not a non-approved bat but for some reason sounded COMPLETELY different than all other similar bats ... I've had that several times this year ...

So, my Umpire side says I would take a look at it ... But, as a Coach ? : Blue, check that bat ? ... Blue, did you hear that ? ... What do you think the right way to address this situation is ?
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by anonlooker » Sun May 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Prolly the new TPS Xeno. They all sound kinda like a crack of lightning, or maybe that the bat has shattered. Very distinctive, and normal for this model
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Battle » Sun May 01, 2011 6:40 pm

anonlooker wrote:Prolly the new TPS Xeno. They all sound kinda like a crack of lightning, or maybe that the bat has shattered. Very distinctive, and normal for this model

I agree. DD played a 16U tourny where the first 4 batters on the other team in championship game used the Louisville Slugger TPS XENO and they sounded "tinky" to me but they were crushing the ball when they hit. I thought the same thing that G stated.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by GIMNEPIWO » Sun May 01, 2011 6:46 pm

anonlooker wrote:Prolly the new TPS Xeno. They all sound kinda like a crack of lightning, or maybe that the bat has shattered. Very distinctive, and normal for this model

HFS :!: .... I am not worthy ... You are wiser than your years .... Yes, the last time it was the Xeno ... And, no disrespect to the young ladies talent ... the ball really came off the bat nicely ... But, Mr Amazing Kreskin, there were other makes and models also ... ;) :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by anonlooker » Sun May 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Sir
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

HFS :!: .... I am not worthy ... You are wiser than your years .... Yes, the last time it was the Xeno ... And, no disrespect to the young ladies talent ... the ball really came off the bat nicely ... But, Mr Amazing Kreskin, there were other makes and models also ... ;) :lol:

Sir, you are much too kind.
Trust me on that! :lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by artomatic » Sun May 01, 2011 7:15 pm

anonlooker wrote:Sir
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

Sir, you are much too kind.
Trust me on that! :lol:

jeez get a room you two...

yep Zeno sounds like it is filled with pieces of broken china dishes...or a really broken Rocketech.
and the ball goes pretty far as well.
Saw an ump pick one up after the batter made the final out.
ump started banging the bat on the ground because it sounded different.
Coach of batter runs out, and yanks the bat out of the ump's hands...
Coach yells "the bat's fine, and it costs $300, quit banging it on the ground!".
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Comp » Sun May 01, 2011 9:15 pm

Somewhere on my computer is an email memo sent out by ASA to all umpires about strange sounding Louisville bats. Apparently umpires had been pulling them due to the strange sound they made. The email states the bats are in fact legal and should not be removed just because of their sound.
Comp

by MTR » Mon May 02, 2011 5:39 am

Comp wrote:Somewhere on my computer is an email memo sent out by ASA to all umpires about strange sounding Louisville bats. Apparently umpires had been pulling them due to the strange sound they made. The email states the bats are in fact legal and should not be removed just because of their sound.

Here it is (assuming I properly attached the file).
Louisville Slugger.pdf
(180.68 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
MTR

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon May 02, 2011 6:17 pm

MTR wrote:
Comp wrote:Somewhere on my computer is an email memo sent out by ASA to all umpires about strange sounding Louisville bats. Apparently umpires had been pulling them due to the strange sound they made. The email states the bats are in fact legal and should not be removed just because of their sound.

Here it is (assuming I properly attached the file).
Louisville Slugger.pdf

That e mail memo appears to be initiated by TPS ... I'm not so sure that is the one COMP was referring to ... But, if it was ... I have an e mail from the fox that says the hen house is just fine ...
GIMNEPIWO

by afastpitchfanatic » Mon May 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Another unique sounding bat is the Anderson Nanotech. Sounds like the crack of a wooden bat.
afastpitchfanatic

Next

Return to The Umpire Corner