Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Inadvertant Ball 4

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by wadeintothem » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:45 pm

rbi wrote:
wadeintothem wrote:
There is no rule that a batter is out by the mere fact of touching 1B.

Thanks Wade you answered by question ;)

Good!

Next time someone rules that let me know. Or PM me who it was and I will find out WTF. If they need training, I will make sure they get it!

Thanks!
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by wadeintothem » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Now I remember, the hit batter went against you guys because your peanut gallery started yelling "he can't ask her if she got hit and then give her a base." (which is not what I did)

But is that the situation you are presenting?
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by rbi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:24 pm

wadeintothem wrote:Now I remember, the hit batter went against you guys because your peanut gallery started yelling "he can't ask her if she got hit and then give her a base." (which is not what I did)

But is that the situation you are presenting?

No, that was THEIR batter on that play, play in question was our batter getting hit (she thought) and ran to first and was called out after discussion and being explained rule. What YOU did which Im cool with is, you asked the girl WHERE she got hit, not IF she got hit. Only question we had was did she get hit in forearm after ball hit bat (which is what we thought).

Now be nice, our "peanut gallery" is a fine oiled machine that knows everything!
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by wadeintothem » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:50 pm

It is indeed a finely tuned peanut gallery! One of the better ones out there. :D

Have a good one and See ya next year!
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner