Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Umpires point of view..

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by lvtwft » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Now why is it, that all the orgs(ASA,NSA,IFA,USSSA,USFA ETC) can not agree on a rule book?
Playing fastpitch, and going from one org to another every other week or so, does get a little confussing. At times I have been known to argue a ASA rule playing in IFA or so on.. :roll:
Then you just feel like an idiot. Or the ump will state a rule and it is not for that org.
WHY is this still a problemo?? :?:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
Albert Einstein
lvtwft

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Geez Louize ... we can't get 14 gals to agree on where we are eating lunch ... no, correction, they would all agree on Hooters, but it ain't in the budget ... :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Jalamander » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:55 pm

lvtwft wrote:Now why is it, that all the orgs(ASA,NSA,IFA,USSSA,USFA ETC) can not agree on a rule book?

Different strokes for different folks.
You say toe-mah-toe, I say toe-may-toe and he says tuh-may-ter.
You say poe-tah-toe, I say poe-tay-toe, he says tay-ter
Jalamander

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 pm

Jalamander wrote:
lvtwft wrote:Now why is it, that all the orgs(ASA,NSA,IFA,USSSA,USFA ETC) can not agree on a rule book?

Different strokes for different folks.
You say toe-mah-toe, I say toe-may-toe and he says tuh-may-ter.
You say poe-tah-toe, I say poe-tay-toe, he says tay-ter

... Lets call the whole thing off
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by MTR » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Playing fastpitch, and going from one org to another every other week or so, does get a little confussing. At times I have been known to argue a ASA rule playing in IFA or so on.. :roll:
Then you just feel like an idiot. Or the ump will state a rule and it is not for that org.

Let's see, who was the first out there? :D
MTR

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:01 pm

MTR wrote:

Let's see, who was the first out there? :D
ratsnap3.jpg
ratsnap3.jpg (32.48 KiB) Viewed 4951 times
GIMNEPIWO

by wadeintothem » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:23 pm

NSA,IFA,USSSA,USFA ETC

have rules?
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:18 am

wadeintothem wrote:NSA,IFA,USSSA,USFA ETC

have rules?

Yeah ... In NSA they give us a book and everything ! ... It's great ! :lol:
GIMNEPIWO

by SnocatzDad » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:08 am

Doesn't NSA just take last years ASA rule book and change the date and the first A to a N with a sharpie marker? :D
SnocatzDad

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:59 am

SnocatzDad wrote:Doesn't NSA just take last years ASA rule book and change the date and the first A to a N with a sharpie marker? :D

Yeah .... and then they run it through the 'easiertoread' machine that they must borrow from NFHS ... :o
GIMNEPIWO

Next

Return to The Umpire Corner