Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Delay of game call calling in pitches

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by ExplosionSoftballHB » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:49 pm

Good Evening Everyone,

Had a call today id like to get some clarification on. Today in a tournament during our first game i got a warning for delay of game because I was taking 23 seconds instead of 20 seconds to relay pitch calls in. Im okay with that its the rule and I broke it. Later on in day we return to play our gamne and the same umpires were working. Bottom of 2nd, 1 out 0-2 count on the batter pitcher pitches gets the called third strike. The batter starts to walk off the field when the umpire turns to me and says im taking the strike away and giving her a ball because you took too long again and you were warned in the first game. Can he reverse his call like that last minute after already calling strike 3? Never seen anything like it.
ExplosionSoftballHB
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MTR » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:25 am

The umpire can change calls, but if it was a violation, it should have been called prior to the pitch.

And what happens in previous games is irrelevant
MTR

by centurian » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:00 am

ExplosionSoftballHB wrote:Good Evening Everyone,

Had a call today id like to get some clarification on. Today in a tournament during our first game i got a warning for delay of game because I was taking 23 seconds instead of 20 seconds to relay pitch calls in. Im okay with that its the rule and I broke it. Later on in day we return to play our gamne and the same umpires were working. Bottom of 2nd, 1 out 0-2 count on the batter pitcher pitches gets the called third strike. The batter starts to walk off the field when the umpire turns to me and says im taking the strike away and giving her a ball because you took too long again and you were warned in the first game. Can he reverse his call like that last minute after already calling strike 3? Never seen anything like it.

Oh yur dat coach
centurian

Return to The Umpire Corner