Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Coaching outside teams during CIF season

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by coachz » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:10 pm

Does anyone have any CIF rulings regarding a HS baseball coach coaching club ball on weekends during the HS season? I'm a HS coach (1st year) who coaches an adult men's league team on weekends. Want to see if I would be violating any CIF rules and whether I need to stop before
the season starts.
coachz

by MTR » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:05 am

coachz wrote:Does anyone have any CIF rulings regarding a HS baseball coach coaching club ball on weekends during the HS season? I'm a HS coach (1st year) who coaches an adult men's league team on weekends. Want to see if I would be violating any CIF rules and whether I need to stop before the season starts.

Wrong game. However, this is where I just don't get people putting up with this stuff. It is your life and your time. Do whatever it is you want to do. When they start paying you, then they can have something to say about it.

And, yes, I know is it the rules, but that doesn't make it right.
MTR

by Iluvblue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:20 am

No rule in regards to the coach. The rules state a HS player can not play a club sport during the HS season they are involved in of the same sport... though there are some exceptions. Club volleyball and soccer for girls has no restriction.

As long as that coach is not coaching his/her HS players, you have no issue.
Iluvblue

Return to The Umpire Corner