Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

deep hole in front of pitcher's plate

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by Dean » Sat May 31, 2008 3:32 pm

what are the pitcher's options when there is a deep hole in front of the pitcher's plate and the ground is very hard? can she ask to have the hole repaired? normally she would just fill it in with loose dirt from around the sides, but there was no loose dirt and the ground was too hard for her to dig any up with her cleats.

Thanks in advance,

Dean
Dean

by wadeintothem » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:23 pm

I'll let the coaches take a minute or two and come to the circle and kick some dirt around if they want and think its unsafe for their pitcher. She cant ask to have the "hole repaired" in 90% of the tournaments she is in because there probably isnt someone sitting around waiting to do it. But if her coach wants to kick some dirt, go fetch a rake or fetch the field dude and git-R-done, I dont have a problem with it.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by 2bucketdad » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:07 am

Wade... would you count that as a visit or trip or whatever it is supposed to be called?
2bucketdad

by wadeintothem » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:54 am

2bucketdad wrote:Wade... would you count that as a visit or trip or whatever it is supposed to be called?

no...
If its a safety issue, its gotta be addressed. It doesnt mean I'm going to go kick dirt, but I think the team staff is certainly entitled to address it.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

Return to The Umpire Corner