Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

DH Question

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by nohesitation » Tue May 24, 2011 1:13 pm

For those interested in visual examples of DP/ Flex, here’s a great tool. There are many ways to keep track of substitutions, I prefer this one. Coaches, at the end are examples of DP/flex options and how to keep track of the substitutions. This is good for ASA also.

http://www.mhsaa.com/MHSAA_ARCHIVE/spor ... mpleDP.ppt
“I have been loving you too long to stop now.” Otis Redding
nohesitation

by twinsmom » Tue May 24, 2011 1:30 pm

I agree with you. The flex and DP can't be on offense at the same time. That was THEIR solution, not mine. That was what the UIC, Ump and TD determined was the appropriate call. What should have happened is that the starting pitcher that we pulled (#20) should have still batted (she was perfectly able to continue batting - there wasn't a problem, we just made a pitching change) and the flex should have still played defense only. However because she was now not playing defense, the umps decided that she was now on the bench and could no longer bat. "Mound" was just a term - pitching rubber, circle, whatever - however, we were playing on a baseball field - LOL!

My question remains - who do I contact to have the umps retrained.
twinsmom

by HugoTafurst » Tue May 24, 2011 1:34 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
HugoTafurst wrote:
twinsmom wrote:
(SNIP)
We decide to place #9 on the mound and pitcher (#20) goes to the bench. .

We decide to place #9 on the mound and pitcher (#20) goes to the bench.

Therein lies your problem - most baseball doesn't use the DP/FLEX rule....

:twisted: I haven't made up my mind what I think about a$$hole posters belittle other posters by pointing out inacuracies in terminology :evil:

I was going to go with " If you put #9 on the mound you will have to remove her from the game becasue she is no longer at the field you're playing at ... "

Smarta$$ minds think alike.... :lol:
HugoTafurst

by Patrick » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:19 pm

You don't contact anybody, you vote with your feet and your dollars. Don't go back to that tnmt.
Patrick
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner