Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Batter Interference?

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by wadeintothem » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:42 pm

bugs wrote:Sam, Sam. I thought you knew the TD School Of Softball. That is to score a critical run late in the game with a runner on third, do a fake bunt and pull the bat back into the catchers mask blocking her vision and the ball goes to the backstop hoping the umpire did not see or hear it. I won a tournament in Vegas one year doing just that hoping the Blues had no clue. Got away with it.

I am curious as to why none of the Blues who have posted here don't realize that this is taught by coaches. But I am glad they have no clue. Keep it up Blues, "the catcher must have been too close......Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!" Umps where dupped again!

Hey Sam, do I still owe you a cigar. Your SD friend from long ago.

So I was between games and watching the beloved DD's team of one of our very own esteemed heybucket members...

I was in regular clothes watching from behind the back stop, observing the umpire and watching the game. I dont know if they knew if I was an umpire or not, I would tend to doubt it.

A spanish girl is up to bat and the catcher is getting close.. so fellow parents of a very own heybucket.com member figure out the catcher is close and are scrambling to get the message to the batter to hit the catcher.. So I hear one say "tell her in spanish to hit the catcher".

Of course those particular parents couldnt get it together quick enough to tell this batter to hit the catcher with a bat, so the batter hit the ball instead... but the parents gave it the ole college try.

A couple of weeks ago a catcher threw the ball hitting a diving runner in the ribs. Imagine my suprise when I looked around and there were no defenders.... the runner did not take such a big lead after that.

Are we duped? or is it perhaps part of the game? Dunno.. it your game. You tell me. "Break it up" = kill the 2nd basemen, am I duped?
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by wadeintothem » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:39 am

Spazsdad wrote:"I dont know if they knew if I was an umpire or not, I would tend to doubt it."

Couldn't they tell from the glasses?

Just because I'm blind doesnt mean I wear glasses. 8-)
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Sam » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:35 am

bugs wrote:Sam, Sam. I thought you knew the TD School Of Softball. That is to score a critical run late in the game with a runner on third, do a fake bunt and pull the bat back into the catchers mask blocking her vision and the ball goes to the backstop hoping the umpire did not see or hear it. I won a tournament in Vegas one year doing just that hoping the Blues had no clue. Got away with it.

I am curious as to why none of the Blues who have posted here don't realize that this is taught by coaches. But I am glad they have no clue. Keep it up Blues, "the catcher must have been too close......Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!" Umps where dupped again!

Hey Sam, do I still owe you a cigar. Your SD friend from long ago.

I think you gave me one the last time I saw you....a real power surge....
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ice_67 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:45 am

Spazsdad wrote:
ice_67 wrote:
wadeintothem wrote:Apologies, I had no idea this really happened.

If you are who I know you are ;) you are right she is a very good player. However, coming on here and blowing your own horn should still be verbotten. it causes most people to dismiss everything else you say. Save the hype for the TX board.

Spaz, My original post was to ask a rule question and not blow our horn. Heck, the catcher isn't even my DD. I was just defending her skill level when it came into question.

I might have to go take a look at the TX board. :lol:
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by bugs » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:21 am

Sam, wasn't from Cuba but I did give it to you.
bugs

by ice_67 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:21 am

Sam and Bugs hard at work, long before they became softball coaches. :)
Attachments
Cigarmaker.jpg
Cigarmaker.jpg (64.85 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
ice_67

by Skarp » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:04 pm

I'd have to upsize my humidor, but just what I see right there would keep me happy for a loooong time. 8-)

Well, that and a tidy supply of Macallan 18...
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ice_67 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:19 pm

Skarp wrote:I'd have to upsize my humidor, but just what I see right there would keep me happy for a loooong time. 8-)

Well, that and a tidy supply of Macallan 18...

Skarp,

You got some expensive taste there. 8-)

Tough choice, DD's new Stealth or a bottle or two of single malt. You make the call.
ice_67

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner