Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Due.... Dude.... Cmon Dude!

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by anonlooker » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:22 am

sftblldud wrote:... uses his HS field for TB practice, which is a violation of CIF rules if you have players on your HS team on your TB team.

Is this an actual rule? For all of CIF?
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by MTR » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:17 pm

sniper-1 shot 1 kill wrote:It all happend in less than two seconds. Hitter called time, hand up, looked at blu, didn't get time, quickly put hand on bat, looked at the pitcher to hit. When she went back to the pitcher she grunted a little "uh" cause she realized she didn't get time. When she went back to hit the blu was coming up to give time noticed his window to give time was gone

This is impossible. There is no "window". The umpire can suspend play whenever he considers it necessary.

and then was going back down when the pitcher stopped her motion completely. Like I said, all, in less than two seconds. Iluvblu says loudly..."illegal pitch" kinda looks around a bit notices no one is calling an illegal pitch loudly says time blu and marches right to the dish. Nothing wrong with it so far. Before Iluvblu could get 10' down the line, blu said Iluvblu's real name and followed it by "don't even start with me". It went on longer than it should have.

"Marches" can provide somewhat of an impression of demand. No problem talking about a call, but how you approach an umpire can make a difference.

I'm for the other team, and I feel as though she could have got called for and illegal pitch very easy, and honestly it was. There was a runner on 3rd. Game lead off that got plunked. The ump just kinda rolled with the time call. I hear what Iluvblu is saying, if the blu is going to make a call, make the right one.

So, you are saying the umpire claimed he had suspended play? And you know differently how?
MTR

by tcannizzo » Sun May 01, 2011 4:16 pm

Phonetically, the subject of this thread could be "Doo-Doo-ed...C'mon Dude".
Did someone get BS'ed?
Or was it more personal?
Tony Cannizzo
Umpire
"May all the close calls go your way"
tcannizzo

by MTR » Sun May 01, 2011 5:41 pm

sniper-1 shot 1 kill wrote:She stopped her motion when he went back down to watch the pitch. His move was only a quick 4" move.

Or he went back down because the is the safest place for an umpire to be when the pitcher throws the ball.

He granted time because she stopped her motion due to what was going on at the plate. He did not give time and the hitter was not intentionally trying to cause an illegal pitch.

So I guess it's a no pitch right?

Sounds like it, but the only person who knows is the umpire
MTR

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner