Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

INT or OBS

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by ajaywill » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:57 am

Makina wrote:Ajaywill: Can u explain as to what your call would b.

Thanks

Without seeing the play, I lean toward an obstruction call.

You made reference to the running lane in your post and whether or not the B/R was in the running lane would make a difference in your call.

The rule regarding the running lane is only applicable to a B/R's position if there is an issue with the fielder taking a throw at first base. In the OP play, there is no throw to first base, so the position of the B/R with regards to the running lane is completely irrelevant in making a call on this play.
ajaywill

by Makina » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:34 pm

very good. I love these disc. as it helps me out!
Makina

by HugoTafurst » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:36 pm

tcannizzo wrote:
HugoTafurst wrote:
Makina wrote:Yes after more thought I would say OBS. I'm a little bit confused on the ex: tag up, since runner can leave as soon as fly ball touches fielder.

Pay no attention to the example - it was just an interesting correlation, but maybe a little obtuse.. I don't think it was as clear on the screen as it was in the writer's mind when he wrote it. :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

Don't let it confuse your understanding of the deflection/interference/obstruction situatuation

That is the beauty of message boards. :oops:
Obtuse is a good word here. It had nothing to do with the original play and was only intended to be an interesting correlation of why certain rules may exist.

Thanks - Unlike many of my other posts, I struggled over the words for that one....
:ugeek:
HugoTafurst

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner