Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Crashing the plate

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by Lunatic Fringe » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:24 pm

MTR wrote:
Lunatic Fringe wrote:I would much rather see my daughter ejected than to tear up her knee trying to dance around the catcher while running top speed to trying to score.

As opposed to a broken arm, leg, wrist, hand, neck, back, etc. that can happen in any collision between two human beings.

I'll take a broken bone over a shredded knee anyday. I don't want to see anyone getting hurt, especially my kid who doesn' catch, so my sympathy is with the runner. If there must be a collision brace for it and take the consequences.

In the past she has stopped short of HP and gets tagged out and told afterwords that had she initiated contact, she would have been awarded the plate on an obstruction call.

Protest the game. That is a dead wrong interpretation in any softball game.

While I agree with your conclusion, I don't believe that the blues want the hassle. Good luck getting a UIC to overturn a judgement call

It seems to me that 4 out of 5 times, the catcher was coached to block the plate prior to catching the ball. I don't have any sympathy for a catcher who falls asleep in the baseline while a runner is attempting to score. None

I don't have any sympathy for anyone who doesn't play or officiate the game properly.

Amen
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by MTR » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:While I agree with your conclusion, I don't believe that the blues want the hassle. Good luck getting a UIC to overturn a judgement call

That isn't a judgment call and any UIC worth his/her athletic supporter/groin protection pad would acknowledge the misinterpretation of the rule.
MTR

by Lunatic Fringe » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:14 pm

I do wish the color of the sky in your world was the same in mine :D
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by Lunatic Fringe » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
MTR wrote:
That isn't a judgment call and any UIC worth his/her athletic supporter/groin protection pad would acknowledge the misinterpretation of the rule.

is this the PC evolution of the word Jock? Good Lord help us all.......

As that great Texan, Kinky Friedman would say "May the God of your choice help us all"
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by MTR » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:58 am

Spazsdad wrote:
MTR wrote:

It's the name of the equipment. Don't believe me, look it up.
MTR

by Lunatic Fringe » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:52 pm

MTR wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
MTR wrote:

Definition: sense of humor

Part of Speech Definition
Noun 1. The trait of appreciating (and being able to express) the humorous; "you can't survive in the army without a sense of humor".[Wordnet].
Source: WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by MTR » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:
MTR wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
MTR wrote:

Definition: sense of humor

Part of Speech Definition
Noun 1. The trait of appreciating (and being able to express) the humorous; "you can't survive in the army without a sense of humor".[Wordnet].
Source: WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

emoticon

American Heritage Dictionary:
e·mo·ti·con
(ĭ-mō'tĭ-kŏn')
n.
A sideways facial glyph used in e-mail to indicate an emotion or attitude, as to indicate intended humor [ :-) ].

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/emoticon#ixzz1ViIhaP3m
MTR

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner