Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Does nyone know what rule set IFA follows ?

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:30 am

OOOPS ! ... 'anyone' .... So ... I was contacted about working an IFA Tourny ... Not ever having coaching or umping or fanning during an IFA Tourny, I thought the logical question was : "What rule set do you follow ?" ... The answer was " Along the lines of ASA & NSA ... pretty much high school rules " ... :? :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by tcannizzo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Who?

Sounds like they don't even know what rule set they use.
Tony Cannizzo
Umpire
"May all the close calls go your way"
tcannizzo

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:48 am

International Fastpitch Association ... I think it's been around NC & VA area for maybe 3 or 4 years ... From a tourny standpoint, I understand they have lower entry fees ... But I was also told a couple years ago that they charge for the players to get into the park to compensate ... I don't know if that part is true ... They pay Umps about the same as ASA & NSA ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Bretman » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:15 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:"What rule set do you follow ?" ... The answer was " Along the lines of ASA & NSA ... pretty much high school rules "

ASA publishes a list of ASA vs. FED rule differences. It's "only" about twenty pages long. If you threw NSA into the mix, you would probably double the page count!
Click Here >>> To Visit The Glove Shop On-Line
Bretman

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:51 am

Okay ... My bad ... They have a Web Site and there is a link to download a 2011 Rulebook ... Which I have not done ... But there is a notice on their homepage :

IFA Summer Slam - Lynchburg VA

We were just notified by the City of Lynchburg Parks and Rec that we will not be able to charge a gate admission to this event. These ball fields are part of a large park complex and there is no way of separating the traffic in and out of the park. They do not want us to stop each car entering this complex to ask if they are with softball. Due to this, we will be charging each team a "Gate admission" of $100. This will be charged in addition to the tournament fee and collected at check-in. Coaches, please let your Parents know so they will give you their share. Thanks for understanding!
GIMNEPIWO

Return to The Umpire Corner