Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Blues lack of providing all the information - good or bad ?

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by wadeintothem » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:40 am

MTR wrote:
UmpSteve wrote:
He speaks!! And well stated, as well!!

Hope all is well, my friend.

Guess they finally got him out of those caves downwind of the fields of contraband the DEA started burning last year. :)

Just kidding. Hope you are doing fine.

Doing well.. moved outta the sticks too! lol woot
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Anti-Clone » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:53 am

wadeintothem wrote:
Anti-Clone wrote:They can call me by my name. That's why I introduce myself.

No, they dont need to call you by your name. It is better for us all if you dont have a chip on your shoulder and walk around making up stuff that just applies to you because you create a little belief for yourself. "Blue" is what we get called, that is our "title" ...there are enough real issues without self created crusades. Let em play ball. Do your job. Youre not the provisional governor of a small country, your officiating a game, blue.

I said that it was a "pet peeve" of mine. I didn't say I go around yelling at players or coaches or that I demand to be called by my proper name. I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I'm not even one of the a**hole umpires who belittles coaches who ask for "interference" when we know they mean "obstruction." I never said I would let being called "blue" affect my work or relationship with anyone else. I never ran for "governor of a small county."

I simply made a comment on something that irks me.

But good job taking everything out of context, blowing it up to unqualified proportions and making blatantly inaccurate assumptions.

Why don't you re-read what you posted and then tell me who has a chip on his shoulder....
Anti-Clone

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Geez ... I hate when peeps wizz on my corn flakes ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner