Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

BU knows the count, PU doesn't

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:28 pm

HS Fall scrimmage league ... I'm watching from the stands ... The batter has 3 strikes on her and obviously the PU doesn't have it ... The 1st basegal starts yelling " Hey, that's 3 strikes thats 3 strikes " The DC's are asleep at the wheel as are all of the other defensive players. The BU acknowledges her but never stops the game to confer with PU because she did not request 'TIME' ... He admits after the inning to the 1st basegal that he knew it was 3 strikes and that she needed to request time.

Should the BU stop the game or did he handle it right ?
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Rounding 3rd » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Obviously the PU lost tract of the count due to number of times he reminded the hitters where the batters box was---opppps wrong tread--- but couldn’t resist :o
Rounding 3rd

by MTR » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:13 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:HS Fall scrimmage league ... I'm watching from the stands ... The batter has 3 strikes on her and obviously the PU doesn't have it ... The 1st basegal starts yelling " Hey, that's 3 strikes thats 3 strikes " The DC's are asleep at the wheel as are all of the other defensive players. The BU acknowledges her but never stops the game to confer with PU because she did not request 'TIME' ... He admits after the inning to the 1st basegal that he knew it was 3 strikes and that she needed to request time.

There is no reason the BU shouldn't have suspended play and get the count correct especially if it is questioned.
MTR

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:46 pm

MTR wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:HS Fall scrimmage league ... I'm watching from the stands ... The batter has 3 strikes on her and obviously the PU doesn't have it ... The 1st basegal starts yelling " Hey, that's 3 strikes thats 3 strikes " The DC's are asleep at the wheel as are all of the other defensive players. The BU acknowledges her but never stops the game to confer with PU because she did not request 'TIME' ... He admits after the inning to the 1st basegal that he knew it was 3 strikes and that she needed to request time.

There is no reason the BU shouldn't have suspended play and get the count correct especially if it is questioned.

That is what I was thinking ... Thanks
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Return to The Umpire Corner