Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Best ejections

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 am

candidate-closing-arguments.jpg
candidate-closing-arguments.jpg (17.16 KiB) Viewed 3972 times
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Pridefpsb17 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:54 am

wadeintothem wrote:
Pridefpsb17 wrote:DH had been kinda of grumbling during the game about the calls. He had enough and said "We are never gonna get a call with these JOKERS doing this game."

DH probably deserved it.

ummm.. ya think?

It wasn't as if he was being loud and obnoxious. :)
“Well-behaved women rarely make history” -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"I just want you to be happy, as long as it is on my terms" -Martha Stewart
Pridefpsb17

by 2bucketdad » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:56 am

DD1 once had a coach that sometimes visited the parking lot and came back with the munchies, well they were in a tourney that was ahead of schedule and while he was at the snack bar the coaches and captins were called to the plate for the pregame meeting...Hungry Coach leaving the snack bar goes directly out to the meeting already in progress with a hot dog, chilli cheese fries, and a large coke...PO says "Glad you could join us coach!" HC replies with a mouth full of hot dog "no problem blue, would you like a bite of my dog or some fries?" the peanut gallery behind the back stop busts out laughing and the veigns in blues neck begin to bulge...After the meeting breaks up PO tells HC don't ever come on my field with food like that again...yadda yadda... well the game goes on a while and for some reason HC along with the coach from the other team are headed out to talk with PO...and HC just took a bite from another hot dog which is still in his hand...he remembers what PO said and tries to palm whats left of the dog and put his hand behind his back...PO sees it and I believe he was pointing to the dugout but HC thinks PO is tossing him...so HC walks over to PO and shoves whats left of the dog into PO's ball bag and heads off the field to the parking lot...don't know if PO was tossing him or just wanted the food off the field but after the dog in the ball bag everyone just assumed if he wasn't gone before, he was gone then...I don't know if it was the best ejection but it sure is an amusing story!
2bucketdad

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:33 am

Well ... not the best ... but the closest I ever came to getting the shoe ... Rec game, I'm Coaching first ... the base Blue is a fairly new guy who is using his cell phone, or at least checking messages in between innings and sometimes between batters ... he blew a couple calls and we were grumbling ... but nothing too big, judgement calls ... but at some point he tells our 3rd base Coach that he is not allowed to leave the box ... the plate Blues name was the same as 3rd base Coaches daughter ... when his daughter was at bat he was trying to get her attention yelling her name ... base Blue thinks that he is yelling at plate Blue and runs across the field red faced screaming "get back in the Coaches box" ... but no ejection ... next play ... batter hits a squibler down first ... pitcher charges it .. touches it in fair but boots it several times... train wreck collision ... Base Blue calls it foul ... I'm yelling for the girl to get up and get on 1st ... Blue says its a foul ball even though it was touched in fair and kicked into foul ... very heated argument ensues and I was out of line ... I felt it coming for sure but couldn't stop myself ... I guess I figured as long as I'm going I might as well make it good ...( one of my older DD's was watching the game with her friends who commented to her that I was gonna get tossed ) ... anyway, just as I finally get him to agree to ask for help, the 3rd base Coach is about there trying to save my butt ... the Blue takes one look at him out of his Coaches box and tosses him ... he never said a word ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by sball14 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:24 am

Skarp wrote:Anyone remember the movie "They Call Me Bruce?" "Take a good look at my face...I'm an oriental."

But I prefer "ornamental" myself.

And for the record, there is no such thing as a racist word.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so it takes discussions of our freedoms and pc to get you worked up enough to chime in?

just don't start dropping n-bombs, we don't need the fed gov. watching dogging this site. ;)

"once got hit by toyota, oh what a feering" , they call me bruce
sball14

by ice_67 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:34 pm

Skarp wrote:
And for the record, there is no such thing as a racist word.

I think Obama's advisor, Robert Reich, knows a few racist words.
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by Ace » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:18 pm

The only time I have ever been thrown out of a game was during a FRIENDLY! First inning, our lead off batter slaps a single on the first pitch. Next batter comes up and I have the runner on first steal. Plate ump yells, dead ball, runner left early!! I call time and ask how he can see the strike zone, the pitchers foot, the pitchers hand, and my runners foot all at the same time?! No answer. I then tell him its not even his call!, He says since he is the only blue, it IS his call. I go on a few minutes more, and get nowhere. After three outs I walk across the diamond to the first base dugout look staright at the ground talking to myself about what a horrible call that was and I guess he heard me, FOLLOWED me to my dugout to tell me not to say another word. I then ask him HOW he can make that call and he responds with, "THIRTY YEARS OF UMPIRING, THATS HOW!!" so I yell back at him, "I've been COACHING THIRTY YEARS and you're the worst ive ever seen!" The girls in my dugout start screaming and laughing cu I was only 35 years old when I said it, but its all I could think of, but needless to say, I watched the rest of the game from right field. HAHAHA Most fun I've had in a long time!! Oh and he was 5'5" and asian.
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace

by 3Bsnag » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:28 pm

I had the sweetest, "bestest" umpire ask me to go to the dugout.

We had been playing with this same umpire crew for 4 or 5 years. 9:30pm game on a Friday night. Up to bat, swing on first pitch, umpire calls time, whispers in my ear, and signals batter out. Apparently, it was very obvious I had too many pre-game margarita's and he didn't want me harming myself or another player with my bat.

He let me play right field though because he knew the guy next to me would cover my butt. Little did he know his pre-game warmup was way longer than mine. What do you expect scheduling a late game on Fri night?
3Bsnag

by DonnieS » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:17 pm

sball14 wrote: he is about 5.5, oriental,
He had me laughing all afternoon. I met him but dont remember his name, very personable guy, his kid plays 2nd as I recall.

By the way, the reason I mentioned his description was because I know he and one of his coaches are on here sometimes and he would remember it. I ran into him a couple of months ago and we laughed about it again. Wish I could remember his name, but doing good to remember mine.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:21 pm

3Bsnag wrote:I had the sweetest, "bestest" umpire ask me to go to the dugout.

We had been playing with this same umpire crew for 4 or 5 years. 9:30pm game on a Friday night. Up to bat, swing on first pitch, umpire calls time, whispers in my ear, and signals batter out. Apparently, it was very obvious I had too many pre-game margarita's and he didn't want me harming myself or another player with my bat.

He let me play right field though because he knew the guy next to me would cover my butt. Little did he know his pre-game warmup was way longer than mine. What do you expect scheduling a late game on Fri night?

Ya gotta love them Margarita games ... :lol: maybe if you offered the Blue one he wouldn't have run you ...
GIMNEPIWO

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner