Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Pitching Rule?

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by Anti-Clone » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:26 pm

MTR wrote:
Anti-Clone wrote:Some umpires love to be called "blue" because it makes them think that the coaches like them and makes them feel all warm and fuzzy. These are the same idiots who can't figure out why none of the coaches know their names and don't recommend them or give them good evaluations (for those areas where coaches' remarks have some value).

Don't care if the coaches know my name and I'd rather they not use my name, just as I will not use their name in discussions on or around the field.

The only person I need to impress is myself and the other umpires who, BTW, are the toughest critics of themselves and fellow umpires

Though most people don't mean any disrespect when using the term, it shows a lack of respect.

Next time you get a ticket, try calling the judge "Hey Black" rather than "Judge" or "Your honor" and see how that goes for you.

So you're against people expecting a certain level of respect. Keep that in mind the next time an adolescent gives you a piece of his/her mind. Just go with the flow. Don't be too full of yourself.

One of the major causes this country is so screwed up. People need to get over themselves and be responsible for living their lives instead of worrying about how others perceive them or pick on a word, which by the way has absolutely ZERO power that you do not afford it.
Anti-Clone

by Battle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Anti-Clone wrote:
MTR wrote:
Anti-Clone wrote:Some umpires love to be called "blue" because it makes them think that the coaches like them and makes them feel all warm and fuzzy. These are the same idiots who can't figure out why none of the coaches know their names and don't recommend them or give them good evaluations (for those areas where coaches' remarks have some value).

Don't care if the coaches know my name and I'd rather they not use my name, just as I will not use their name in discussions on or around the field.

The only person I need to impress is myself and the other umpires who, BTW, are the toughest critics of themselves and fellow umpires

Though most people don't mean any disrespect when using the term, it shows a lack of respect.

Next time you get a ticket, try calling the judge "Hey Black" rather than "Judge" or "Your honor" and see how that goes for you.

So you're against people expecting a certain level of respect. Keep that in mind the next time an adolescent gives you a piece of his/her mind. Just go with the flow. Don't be too full of yourself.

One of the major causes this country is so screwed up. People need to get over themselves and be responsible for living their lives instead of worrying about how others perceive them or pick on a word, which by the way has absolutely ZERO power that you do not afford it.

I think you're making too much of it...
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by MTR » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:56 am

Battle wrote:I think you're making too much of it...

With the courtroom reference and all, I would suspect a lawyer :roll:

Then again, if an adolescent was intelligent enough to offer a piece of their mind, I would listen.

God knows many of the adults in this world have a hard enough time thinking for themselves, so why not listen?

It would refreshing to hear what the youth has to say. And if I don't like it, so what?
MTR

by tcannizzo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:05 pm

One of the funnier things is for the associations that wear red, green or stripes and they still call them "Blue".

There is nothing derogatory in the term.
Tony Cannizzo
Umpire
"May all the close calls go your way"
tcannizzo

by MTR » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:30 am

tcannizzo wrote:One of the funnier things is for the associations that wear red, green or stripes and they still call them "Blue".

Not only that, but after working some of the games they do, some of the umpires really are blue! ;)
MTR

by GIMNEPIWO » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:24 pm

MTR wrote:
tcannizzo wrote:One of the funnier things is for the associations that wear red, green or stripes and they still call them "Blue".

Not only that, but after working some of the games they do, some of the umpires really are blue! ;)

What color are their balls ?
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by tcannizzo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:44 pm

too far
Tony Cannizzo
Umpire
"May all the close calls go your way"
tcannizzo

by GIMNEPIWO » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:42 am

tcannizzo wrote:too far

:o I was going for 'optic yellow' ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Patrick » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:08 am

I was working a HS football scrimmage in early August and the white hat said, "Let's hustle a little, blue." I said, "I am!"

He was talking to the offense!
Patrick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Makina » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Yeah, I hate it when one of the players is named Blue!
Makina

PreviousNext

Return to The Umpire Corner