Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Worth454 Pulled from college game.

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by kidcoach5 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:56 am

My DD had two worth 454 bats pulled from her college game this week. They had been tested early in the week and approved. I checked the NCAA approved bat list and they were on it, but some had a strike listed. What does the strike mean. I noticed other bats had 2 strikes listed. My daughter had used it for the first eight games of the trip and couldn't during the last two. Thanks for any help.
kidcoach5

by heretostay » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:08 am

454 has two strikes against it's, they will probably be yanked from NCAA next year. Unfortunately the new Worth 454 legit is a piece if chit. :) NCAA give bats strikes when they fail the ncaa compression tests. A bat might pass out of the wrapper but could fail after 100 hits in a batting cage.

Worth no longer makes a good fast pitch bat
[size=85]Do you mind if I drag these across your chin?[/size]
heretostay
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Diesels_dad » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:11 pm

heretostay wrote:454 has two strikes against it's, they will probably be yanked from NCAA next year. Unfortunately the new Worth 454 legit is a piece if chit. :) NCAA give bats strikes when they fail the ncaa compression tests. A bat might pass out of the wrapper but could fail after 100 hits in a batting cage.

do you think it (FP454) will be pulled for 2013 ASA 16u nationals?
Diesels_dad

by heretostay » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Diesels_dad wrote:
heretostay wrote:454 has two strikes against it's, they will probably be yanked from NCAA next year. Unfortunately the new Worth 454 legit is a piece if chit. :) NCAA give bats strikes when they fail the ncaa compression tests. A bat might pass out of the wrapper but could fail after 100 hits in a batting cage.

do you think it (FP454) will be pulled for 2013 ASA 16u nationals?

No I do not believe so it's already been approved for 2013 for ASA play, you should be fine
[size=85]Do you mind if I drag these across your chin?[/size]
heretostay
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:57 pm

yep, too hot for college, but fine for 16U ASA. Oh but wait, NCAA bat testing is about competition.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by UmpSteve » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:34 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:yep, too hot for college, but fine for 16U ASA. Oh but wait, NCAA bat testing is about competition.

Man, you are like a parrot on this. AI want a bat cracker??

That bat is NOT yet proven too hot for college; there is a specific contract clause between NCAA and the manufacturers that defines the conditions of too hot for NCAA.

That bat is NOT yet proven too hot for ASA; there is a specific contract clause between ASA and the manufacturers that defines the conditions of too hot for ASA.

In neither case has that bat failed the conditions in the contract. And the two separate contracts do NOT rely on the other for satisfying the conditions. And, frankly, neither one gives a shit if it meets your approval, they are what they are.

You claim to be an intelligent person knowledgeable about much, including legal matters. Why is this concept too difficult for you to grasp?
UmpSteve
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Anti-Clone » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:38 pm

What is the actual model number? 454 is a partial model number.
Anti-Clone

by Battle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:21 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:yep, too hot for college, but fine for 16U ASA. Oh but wait, NCAA bat testing is about competition.

Did you think that up all by yourself?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:54 pm

UmpSteve wrote:

Man, you are like a parrot on this. AI want a bat cracker??

That bat is NOT yet proven too hot for college; there is a specific contract clause between NCAA and the manufacturers that defines the conditions of too hot for NCAA.

That bat is NOT yet proven too hot for ASA; there is a specific contract clause between ASA and the manufacturers that defines the conditions of too hot for ASA.

In neither case has that bat failed the conditions in the contract. And the two separate contracts do NOT rely on the other for satisfying the conditions. And, frankly, neither one gives a shit if it meets your approval, they are what they are.

You claim to be an intelligent person knowledgeable about much, including legal matters. Why is this concept too difficult for you to grasp?

What happens to a bat that fails a field compression test?

"And, frankly, neither one gives a shit if it meets your approval, they are what they are." Apparently PGF gave a shit. Now we spend loads of money with them.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Comp » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:11 pm

At an ASA tournament where they are doing compression testing, if the bat fails the test it is confiscated until the team is eliminated or the tournament is over. It is then returned to the player.

What is PGF's process?
Comp

Next

Return to The Umpire Corner