Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Is the delivery legal

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by 8u/10udad » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:48 am

Pitcher on the mound, both feet. Pitcher goes into deliverly, raises right foot and leg up (right handed pitcher), continues delivery motion, pounds leg and foot back onto mound and finishes with normal delivery of pushing off with right foot and drive.
8u/10udad

by Crabby_Bob » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:20 pm

8u/10udad wrote:Pitcher on the mound, both feet.

No.

8u/10udad wrote:Pitcher goes into deliverly, raises right foot and leg up (right handed pitcher), continues delivery motion, pounds leg and foot back onto mound and finishes with normal delivery of pushing off with right foot and drive.

Speaking ASA, 6.3.I Legal Delivery: ... Raising the foot off the pitching plate and returning it to the plate creates a rocking motion and is an illegal act.
A constitution of government, once changed from freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.
Crabby_Bob

by ajaywill » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:39 pm

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this would be illegal even if the pitcher was on a mound and pitching in a baseball game.......
ajaywill

by GIMNEPIWO » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:48 am

ajaywill wrote:I'm not 100% sure, but I think this would be illegal even if the pitcher was on a mound and pitching in a baseball game.......

:lol: Beat me to it ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Anti-Clone » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:51 pm

ajaywill wrote:I'm not 100% sure, but I think this would be illegal even if the pitcher was on a mound and pitching in a baseball game.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hilarious response to a father/coach simply looking for guidance. Don't run out of laughter, as he may some day say interference and mean obstruction. Then you can really let loose :roll:
Anti-Clone

by Bretman » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:10 pm

8u/10udad wrote:Pitcher on the mound, both feet. Pitcher goes into deliverly, raises right foot and leg up (right handed pitcher), continues delivery motion, pounds leg and foot back onto mound and finishes with normal delivery of pushing off with right foot and drive.

Same answers you got on the other forum you posted this.

Did you not trust the answers you got there or are you just shopping for a second opinion?

Too snarky? Maybe so, maybe so. If this was your pitcher, and you don't think she should have been called for it, now you've learned something. If it was your opponent's pitcher and it wasn't called, just realize that quite often the umpires assigned to 10U games are about as equally experienced as are the players.
Click Here >>> To Visit The Glove Shop On-Line
Bretman

by GIMNEPIWO » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:45 pm

:roll:
Bretman wrote:
8u/10udad wrote:Pitcher on the mound, both feet. Pitcher goes into deliverly, raises right foot and leg up (right handed pitcher), continues delivery motion, pounds leg and foot back onto mound and finishes with normal delivery of pushing off with right foot and drive.

Same answers you got on the other forum you posted this.

Did you not trust the answers you got there or are you just shopping for a second opinion?

Too snarky? Maybe so, maybe so. If this was your pitcher, and you don't think she should have been called for it, now you've learned something. If it was your opponent's pitcher and it wasn't called, just realize that quite often the umpires assigned to 10U games are about as equally experienced as are the players.

I am reading that this was not his DD pitcher because she was pounding her leg ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Return to The Umpire Corner