Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

10U ASA: Is It Legal For Pitcher To Front Toss Ball?

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by rfmnz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:09 am

10U ASA: Is It Legal For Pitcher To Front Toss Ball?

Scenario: Rec ball and #1 and #2 pitcher are hurt/sick/vacationing/etc. I need a girl to try and put a ball over the plate so hitters can put it in play and make the defense work, as opposed to walking in 4 runs (rec ball - 4 run max in first 4 innings).

Can I have a girl pitch, but lob it over similar to a t-ball coach pitcher motion (I.e. front toss), instead of doing a windmill?
rfmnz

by ajaywill » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:15 pm

If I am envisioning your question correctly, you are asking if a pitcher can pitch slow pitch style in a fast pitch game.

Under ASA rules, the answer is yes as long as she conforms to the pitching rules. A windmill motion is not required.
ajaywill

by THE GODFATHER » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:55 pm

rfmnz wrote:10U ASA: Is It Legal For Pitcher To Front Toss Ball?

Scenario: Rec ball and #1 and #2 pitcher are hurt/sick/vacationing/etc. I need a girl to try and put a ball over the plate so hitters can put it in play and make the defense work, as opposed to walking in 4 runs (rec ball - 4 run max in first 4 innings).

Can I have a girl pitch, but lob it over similar to a t-ball coach pitcher motion (I.e. front toss), instead of doing a windmill?

All I can say is if you go that route don't forget the face mask!!! :o
THE GODFATHER

by rfmnz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:00 pm

THE GODFATHER wrote:
rfmnz wrote:10U ASA: Is It Legal For Pitcher To Front Toss Ball?

All I can say is if you go that route don't forget the face mask!!! :o

IDK if it's ASA mandatory, but our league requires all pitchers to wear a mask.
rfmnz

by SoCalASABlue » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Do the "pitcher" a favor and teach her a basic slingshot pitch. Lots of online information on how to do this.
SoCalASABlue

by bart16761 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Call Dani
bart16761
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 pm

bart16761 wrote:Call Dani

:lol: Ray Ray would go yard on Dani ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Return to The Umpire Corner