Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Second Charged Conference??

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by bigfatdaddy » Thu May 16, 2013 4:42 am

NSA Sanctioning Pool play game. Team is batting all 10 of it's players, using the EP.
Pitcher 1)her first start ever) struggles during second inning. Coach asks for time, goes to mound and "confrences" with her. after 2 more batters, coach comes out of dugout with relief pitcher in tow. Pitcher 2 finishes inning and completes next inning. Pitcher 1 is sent back out to start fourth inning. During thirs batter of inning, Umpire says that Pitcher 1 is not eligible to pitch again in the game because of second "charged conference".
After, reading NSA 2013 Rule book/ Rule 6 Section 15 states...

There shall be only one charged conference between the Manager and other team rep from the dugout with each and every pitcher in an inning. The second charged conference shall result in the removal of the pitcher for the remainder of the game. If pitcher is removed from the pitching position as a result of the second charged conference, the pitcher can remain in the game in any other position excluding the pitching position for the remainder of the game.
[i][u]EXCEPTION:[u][i][b][i]It is not a charged conference when the manager or team representative enters the field of play and removes the pitcher from the pitching position. The player may return to the pitching position
[b]
Did the umpire make the correct call in saying that the second trip onto field be considered a "charged conference"?
bigfatdaddy

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu May 16, 2013 4:52 am

No
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Anti-Clone » Thu May 16, 2013 5:00 am

No.
Anti-Clone

by HugoTafurst » Thu May 16, 2013 1:09 pm

and no.
HugoTafurst

Return to The Umpire Corner