Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

You make the call......

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by wadeintothem » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:09 pm

I have no answer for your horrible blue.

Theres just too much there.. hopefully lessons were learned you can take home for yourself because there are things definately on you in this, like it or not..

As to this attrocious set of umpires - maybe complain to UIC's and TDs, vent here dunno.. obviously a guy has decided to officiate a game he knows nothing about - and thats too bad.
Last edited by wadeintothem on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Well .. it may not have been the right call ( Balk )... and the OP states that the Umpire did not see the batter step out ... and the pitcher did stop her delivery ... so based on WHAT the Blue saw and what the pitcher did, I don't see where you are getting 'no-pitch' and 'warning to the batter' with out intent to disconcert the pitcher? Please splain ... because based on what the OP states, I still have an IP, ball on the batter and runners advance 1 base ... ( ONLY because the blue did not see the batter step out, and he can't call what he didn't see ) ... ( or could he have asked for help on this ? )
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by wadeintothem » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:17 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:Well .. it may not have been the right call ( Balk )... and the OP states that the Umpire did not see the batter step out ... and the pitcher did stop her delivery ... so based on WHAT the Blue saw and what the pitcher did, I don't see where you are getting 'no-pitch' and 'warning to the batter' with out intent to disconcert the pitcher? Please splain ... because based on what the OP states, I still have an IP, ball on the batter and runners advance 1 base ... ( ONLY because the blue did not see the batter step out, and he can't call what he didn't see ) ... ( or could he have asked for help on this ? )

Because when responding to a scenario, I give the right answer to the best of my ability based on the scenario provided. This scenario is based on a subject I've seen discussed in clinic and on MB's and rules I've read many times, so I gave the answer.

Obviously, if an umpire does not see the batter step out, its an IP - and thats the way it goes, which is why over and over I've and others have said this pitcher must throw the ball and have told the coach directly this is on him.

Let it be said this scenario IS IS IS IS an Illegal Pitch. If she stopped after legally starting her pitch, thats an IP. Thats answer is not wrong. This pitcher committed a game losing IP. No doubt about that. She did that.

The answer to the scenario, for instance, if this scenario was a test question, is based on the theory supported by case play that BOTH players committed an infraction so its essentially a wash.. so warn and go on.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:09 am

Okay ... I do have it right then ... I just misread or misinterpreted what was being said ... thanks ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner