Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

interference or not

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by mr softball » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:04 am

would like to know your opinion runner on first base ball is pop up to firstbaseman and the ball hits in glove and pops upward and she is getting possession again when runner leaves the base and runs into her and the ball is knock out. umpire rules incidental contact and no interference. is this right call using fed rules
mr softball
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Comp » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:45 pm

FED rules protect the fielder for a step and a reach. If the fielder still had an opprotunity to make the play it is interference.
Comp

by Comp » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Yes, even after the initial contact with the ball. FED protects the fielder for a step and reach, they are still considered to be making the initial play if the ball is still within that area.
Comp

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:54 pm

mr softball wrote:would like to know your opinion runner on first base ball is pop up to firstbaseman and the ball hits in glove and pops upward and she is getting possession again when runner leaves the base and runs into her and the ball is knock out. umpire rules incidental contact and no interference. is this right call using fed rules

My opinion is that I think the 'Shift' button on your keyboard has a purpose ... ;)
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Crabby_Bob » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:59 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:My opinion is that I think the 'Shift' button on your keyboard has a purpose ... ;)

Genius. (Like the sign reads :))
A constitution of government, once changed from freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.
Crabby_Bob

Return to The Umpire Corner