Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

Cold

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by jonriv » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:13 pm

I could not find it, but does anyone know if there is temp rule for NCAA games(too hot, too cold) Thanks
jonriv

by Comp » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Appendix G is what I keep seeing referenced regarding weather, but all it really discusses is lightning. I dont see anything with regard to temperature limits either high or low.
Comp

by Tangled up in blue » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:08 am

Starting on Page 209 of the current 2014-2015 rule book: Cold Stress and Cold Exposure

Practice and Competition Sessions
The following guidelines, as outlined in the 2008 NATA position statement, can be used in planning activity depending on the wind chill temperature. Conditions should be constantly re-evaluated for change in risk, including the presence of
precipitation:
• 30 degrees Fahrenheit and below: Be aware of the potential for cold injury and notify appropriate personnel of the potential.
• 25 degrees Fahrenheit and below: Provide additional protective clothing; cover as much exposed skin as practical; provide opportunities and facilities for re-warming.
• 15 degrees Fahrenheit and below: Consider modifying activity to limit exposure or to allow more frequent chances to re-warm.
• 0 degrees Fahrenheit and below: Consider terminating or rescheduling activity.
Tangled up in blue

by Fredegar » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:36 am

Pretty sure the NCAA leaves it up to each Conference to make their own rules regarding canceling/rescheduling games due to weather.
Fredegar

Return to The Umpire Corner