Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

R1 hit by ball after it passes an infielder other than F1

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by clayface74 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:26 pm

This happened to me 2x's this weekend...1st time R1 from 1st to 2nd is running behind F3 ...F3 misses and R1 gets hit. reaches 2nd safely. opposing coach flies off the handle for no call...Umpire is unclear on the ruling and gets a rule book...runner safe.

championship game: R1 on 3rd ...ball goes past F5 in foul territory hits R1...Ump says out!! we argue he refuses to overturn....then my Batter goes back to the plate ...ump aloows 2 more pitches ..she K's. I ask for time and ask why was my runner out if hit ws foul? Ump says I did not call fould ball...???? Why did my batter get 2 more pitches?? says it is not his responcibility to instruct my players to get to a base. ......

Now I am aware it is my responcibility to instruct my players, but isn't it a little irresponcible to have her take 2 more pitches in this situation...arrrrg
clayface74

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:06 am

clayface74 wrote:This happened to me 2x's this weekend...1st time R1 from 1st to 2nd is running behind F3 ...F3 misses and R1 gets hit. reaches 2nd safely. opposing coach flies off the handle for no call...Umpire is unclear on the ruling and gets a rule book...runner safe.

championship game: R1 on 3rd ...ball goes past F5 in foul territory hits R1...Ump says out!! we argue he refuses to overturn....then my Batter goes back to the plate ...ump aloows 2 more pitches ..she K's. I ask for time and ask why was my runner out if hit ws foul? Ump says I did not call fould ball...???? Why did my batter get 2 more pitches?? says it is not his responcibility to instruct my players to get to a base. ......

Now I am aware it is my responcibility to instruct my players, but isn't it a little irresponcible to have her take 2 more pitches in this situation...arrrrg

Clay ... with all due respect ... you were asleep at the wheel ... If he has R1 out your BR should should be standing on first ... How'd ya miss that ?
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by umpinva » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:51 am

SnocatzDad wrote:R1 on first two outs, batter hits linedrive towards first base, ball gets past F3 playing up but hits R1 one stride off 1B, F4 is close to second base and has no opportunity to make the play. Batter would have reached easily if it didn't hit runner. Even with it hitting runner if there were less than two outs, batter/runner would have reached 1B safely.

Your post says the ball had passed F1 and F4 had no opportunity. I have a live ball with the runner’s safe at the bases they occupied at the conclusion of the play and two outs.
umpinva

by clayface74 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:47 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
clayface74 wrote:This happened to me 2x's this weekend...1st time R1 from 1st to 2nd is running behind F3 ...F3 misses and R1 gets hit. reaches 2nd safely. opposing coach flies off the handle for no call...Umpire is unclear on the ruling and gets a rule book...runner safe.

Now I am aware it is my responsibility to instruct my players, but isn't it a little irresponcible to have her take 2 more pitches in this situation...arrrrg

Clay ... with all due respect ... you were asleep at the wheel ... If he has R1 out your BR should should be standing on first ... How'd ya miss that ?

I was asleep at the wheel!! That's exactly how I missedit!! i REMEMBER THINKING I'M AN IDIOT!!
clayface74

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:46 pm

clayface74 wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

Now I am aware it is my responsibility to instruct my players, but isn't it a little irresponcible to have her take 2 more pitches in this situation...arrrrg

I was asleep at the wheel!! That's exactly how I missedit!! i REMEMBER THINKING I'M AN IDIOT!!

Ahhhh! i MYSELF HAVE DRANK FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF DIPSH*T ........... No worries ... :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner