Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

LBR Question

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by NewCoach » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Runner on 3B. Batter take ball 4. F2 returns ball to pitcher. BR rounds first and proceeds to second. I dont know if it was her momentem or intentional but she over ran the base. The pitcher had the ball in her hand but both arms down at her sides. Is this a violation? Defensive coach, of course, argued it was, blue said it wasnt.
Luck is simply preparation meeting opportunity
NewCoach

by NewCoach » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:46 pm

Understand that part, runner over ran 2B.
Luck is simply preparation meeting opportunity
NewCoach

by wadeintothem » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:37 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Oh, duh on me

Same thing should apply at 2B as long as she did not stop on the bag she is entitled to stop once and either continue on or return to the base.

I'm thinking light blue is definitely your color.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by MTR » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:04 pm

wadeintothem wrote:

Same thing should apply at 2B as long as she did not stop on the bag she is entitled to stop once and either continue on or return to the base.

No, because he kicked the one about overrunning 1B. Of course, a BR may overrun 1B and attempt to advance to 2B as long as there was no turn to the right or any movement not toward 2B.
MTR

by wadeintothem » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:06 pm

MTR wrote:
wadeintothem wrote:

No, because he kicked the one about overrunning 1B. Of course, a BR may overrun 1B and attempt to advance to 2B as long as there was no turn to the right or any movement not toward 2B.

I stand corrected and should have read his entire response more closely. I have no one to blame but myself. I was so impressed he knew the rule about being allowed to stop once when rounding a bag, I was overtaken by an emotional response.

Spaz, I regret to inform you you are demoted to the white shirt of an NSA umpire until such time as you pull your head out.

Thank you.

:lol:
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

Return to The Umpire Corner