Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

BU mechanic

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by slider201 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:41 pm

Runners on 2nd & 3rd. Ball is hit. Play at the plate. R2 moving toward 3B. Tub-of-lard BU charges the infield, literally runs over R2, steps on her foot and breaks it, never looks back, never says a word. R2 lying on field crying, carried off, taken to hospital, etc., and is out for the rest of the season. What should the BU's mechanic have been? Should the rest of us have gone out and kicked his butt?

I know. I know.
Media idiots: learn the meaning of the word troop(s). A soldier is not a troop, stupid.
troop: 1 a: a group of soldiers; b: a cavalry unit corresponding to an infantry company; c: plural: armed forces soldiers
slider201

by xxxYerOut » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:19 pm

WOW - yes you should have. Even if he was big and bad, he would have never caught you - ha.

Great timing with that post. We are playing very inexpensive friendlies this weekend while they train their umps. YIKES!
xxxYerOut

by umpinva » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:09 pm

slider201 wrote:Runners on 2nd & 3rd. Ball is hit. Play at the plate. R2 moving toward 3B. Tub-of-lard BU charges the infield, literally runs over R2, steps on her foot and breaks it, never looks back, never says a word. R2 lying on field crying, carried off, taken to hospital, etc., and is out for the rest of the season. What should the BU's mechanic have been? Should the rest of us have gone out and kicked his butt?

I know. I know.

xxxYerOut wrote:WOW - yes you should have. Even if he was big and bad, he would have never caught you - ha.

Great timing with that post. We are playing very inexpensive friendlies this weekend while they train their umps. YIKES!

F5 is a “Tub-of-lard” and charges the infield, literally runs over R2, steps on her foot and breaks it, never looks back, never says a word. R2 lying on field crying, carried off, taken to hospital, etc., and is out for the rest of the season. Should the rest of you have gone out and kicked her butt?

With the “yes you should have” mentality there would be no worries, being big and bruised, she would never catch you. Snicker.

If you’re concerned about playing a very inexpensive friendlies over the weekend while the umpires are being trained, perhaps you may want to cancel. Yikes!
umpinva

Return to The Umpire Corner