Rule question? Get it answered here.

by coachmatt » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:40 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
coachmatt wrote:
HugoTafurst wrote:
coachmatt wrote:
MTR wrote:
coachmatt wrote:(snip)
Just a guesstimate ...but I bet MTR is an umpire?

Good guess..... of course this section of "HEY BUCKET" is labeled:
The UMPIRE Corner

nice catch...you must be an umpire too...you guys stick together like peas in a pod

CoachMatt ... I highly recommend that this winter, you contact NFHS, ASA, NSA or whichever rule set you usually play under ... there are clinics and classes and discussions that you should be part of ... you seem to have a little Umpire anger problem ... Myself, as a Coach, have always respected their authority though not always agreeing and sometimes outrightly blowing a gasket in their direction ... But the truth of the matter is that after attending the clinics and classes and online discussions ... after getting behind the dish or on the bases ... after having Coaches and or players yell things that have no basis for argument in your direction ... You may feel that it has made you a better more knowledgeable Coach ,as I do ... or, you can just sit on your bucket and never walk a mile in their shoes ... Do I think every Umpire deserves to be on the field ? ... No more than I believe every player or Coach deserves the same honor ... But from what I have seen those guys/gals get fewer and fewer assignments until they are back bagging groceries ... Umpires are more willing to help another Umpire get a call right than you can imagine ... there are very very few that don't give a sh*t ...

Thanks for the reccomendation....I have been to clinics and have done my share of umping as well..I will stick to sitting on the bucket for now.
Having 4 daughters that have played since they could throw a ball and 3 in college and the 4th giving me a grand daughter to start all over again...I have spent enough time on the fields to know that you cant argue the strike zone...you can try talking to him and make adjustments .
I am not one to piss off an ump and I work with my coaches to do the same. No need for any anger managment...quite the opposite actually.
I guess surfing the "active topics" you can get yourself into a corner .The UMPIRE CORNER.
lesson learned...
coachmatt

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner