Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AR

In Progress

by pdj » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:45 am

In the north central part of the state we are seeing more and more girls choosing fastpitch as their primary sport. As the pitchng improves there are more hitters asking questions and adopting a better swing. Even some adults are starting to realize that there is a difference between fast and slowpitch.
pdj

by Coach11 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:07 am

Seems like a dumb question....feels like it to have to ask anyway.....but, what is slowpitch softball? Is it arc pitch?

And who plays?

In these parts (southern NY), the only softball, other than fastpitch, is a bunch of 40 yr old men playing arc in the local beer leagues.

Is it more popular in other areas of the country?
Coach11

by pdj » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:01 am

Slowpitch is the game with the arc on the pitch. Even have a border battle game with Canada in Oklahoma City. Modified pitch also has some following in the NE part of the country. Best I remember both the Gremlins and Patsy's started as modified teams out of NYC.
pdj

by Coach11 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Granted there are the "beer leagues" as you put it but there are tournaments/leagues that are far removed from that stereotype.

That's what I gather. Gonna have to look into what might there be in these parts. I stopped playing in the "beer league" a few years back when my kids schedules became too much to swing both. Now that DD is done with TB, and my boys are still at the Rec. league stage, I might have to think about coming outta retirement! :D
Coach11

Return to AR