Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

hype blown out of control

by Hinky » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:28 pm

:P
What 'hype' is blown out of proportion most?

:shock: Parents about their kids?
OR
:o Coaches Name about their teams?
OR
:? Organizations?
Hinky

by SDTitans » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Coaches and their team name and somehow how it magically makes college coaches appear..
SDTitans
Premium Member
Premium Member

by C77fastpitch » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:16 pm

So true, some coaches think that their ability to get scholarships for their players trumps the player's abilities. This is merely a poly to enhance the coaches reputation. This post I like, and agree with totally. I listen while a mother told a college coach that her daughter threw a 65mph hopping rise-ball. Watching the kid pitch for a hour, I was convinced she threw no faster than 54mph, at best, with a sloppy high pitch. How can parents believe this crap, has their pitching coach brain washed them? I think it's more a coaching problem than parent problem. Hitting coaches can't lose, if the kid doesn't hit, she wasn't listening, and if she slams the ball it's all due to her amazing hitting coach.
C77fastpitch

by crankshaft » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:39 am

SDTitans wrote:Coaches and their team name and somehow how it magically makes college coaches appear..

LOL yeah like because they entered the Showcase all the coaches showed up :lol:
Colleges do follow the top travel ball coaches , that's not magic it is reputation. It is freaking funny
when travel ball coaches say they can get a player a scholarship.
Ahhhh "No"...the athletes can get a scholarship with their academics and talent.

Blown out of proportion,
that's a toss-up parents ego or coaches ego hmm?
crankshaft

Return to CA