Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

This Website

by Skarp » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:02 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Skarp and Sam- Your a little weasels, and one day we'll meet.

"Your a little weasels..."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel like there may have been more entertaining threads on HB at some point, but for the life of me I can't remember any. Please, for the love of God, don't stop posting.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:06 am

I would have weighed in earlier, but I was vacationing in Europe with my side chick. It was kind of a drag, she brought her daughter along.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by bigclemdawg » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:08 am

OMG this thread is now prob #1 all time in HB.... I have seen a lot of people argue on "this website" for a few years now but this one here is insane... we all just need to meet on a softball field and give each other hugs
bigclemdawg
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bigclemdawg » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:11 am

slapperdad wrote:I would have weighed in earlier, but I was vacationing in Europe with my side chick. It was kind of a drag, she brought her daughter along.

:shock: :idea:
bigclemdawg
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:32 pm

bigclemdawg wrote:OMG this thread is now prob #1 all time in HB.... I have seen a lot of people argue on "this website" for a few years now but this one here is insane... we all just need to meet on a softball field and give each other hugs

I think it'll go something like this :lol:

https://youtu.be/UzI2lOKsNTI
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:54 pm

Spazdad, skarp, great to know you guys are still around , still hang around on some boards with some of others of ill repute ( n/u, pale rider, etc.). This thread is the only one I have read, will probably do me for a few more years. The clown does sound similar to one of the wanna be trolls of many years past, cant remember who it reminds me of though. Hope yalls kids are doing well, mine are having little tiny future softball players, so I may be back in a few years. Give em hell.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:22 am

DonnieS wrote:Spazdad, skarp, great to know you guys are still around , still hang around on some boards with some of others of ill repute ( n/u, pale rider, etc.). This thread is the only one I have read, will probably do me for a few more years. The clown does sound similar to one of the wanna be trolls of many years past, cant remember who it reminds me of though. Hope yalls kids are doing well, mine are having little tiny future softball players, so I may be back in a few years. Give em hell.

Hey my friend...nice to hear from you. No tiny future softball players on this end (yet), but I still check in on this site from time to time, and offer up a post here and there. I guess I just have an affinity for the softball crowd...although I suppose you wouldn't know it from the results whenever I come around. :mrgreen: Dale Carnegie I certainly am not...

Yeah, there definitely was a strong essence of "cornfield" to some of these posts, but honestly, I don't think C77 was a lost cause. She's not a troll; she's just very passionate and combative (and inventive :lol:). Which I can totally respect--but you've got to be willing to give at least a modicum of deference where it is due, and she didn't. I tend to use Sam as an example, because he and I have totally gone at it from time to time on this forum, but I never would have dreamed of proffering "you're stupid and repugnant" as an argument in my exchanges with him. Even though Sam is totally stupid and repugnant--JK!!

There's a truly odious authoritarianism pervading our societal discourse nowadays, and it manifests itself in these types of casual personal attacks--as if it's totally okay to call someone a racist, or a misogynist, or an idiot (or whatever) if they don't subscribe to all of your opinions on every issue. Those are straight-up fighting words, and they need to be squashed with extreme prejudice. But, after, we've got to be willing to welcome the vanquished back into the fold.

I get the sense that C77 loves softball, and that she genuinely wants to contribute to the softball community. That makes her okay in my book. She just needs to understand the rules of engagement.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hinky » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:41 am

Regarding this website 'fastpitch discussions' in the dwindling discussions post, a poster wrote some feedback about a different online discussions forums.
They describe differences between the DFP or HB.
one of the clear differences is that in another discussion forum said the moderator controls a bit more. Not only in directing topics to keep them
organized, but also in the type of postings people are allowed to write or not in the website.

While I have written to this topic before on heybucket. It does stand out that this discussion forum is now more about bashing and trashing than it is about fast-pitch discussions, or as some people might look at it parental counseling LOL.

Previously used the analogy that people are whizzing in their own sandbox...

Hey for the few people on here,
if that's what you want to do, go for it! Obviously heybucket moderator allows it so get your groove on. If you want to talk about softball probably best to find a different discussion forum.

There is an awkward conspiracy, irony, twist to it all... Seems its just several alter egoe's just trying to create extra attention with ongoing meaningless banter inflating their ambiguous, anonymous call sign
'Fako Mango Tango'.
But its really just Anonymous people picking on each other, WTF really?

But hey if thats your thing....
Banter away, maybe someday it will be turned into a real network dramedy!
Hinky

by C77fastpitch » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:28 pm

Good idea Hinky, you and skarp stay off this forum. I've never heard either of you say one thing about softball. Do you guys have a regular job, or do you just stroll this forum waiting for the opportunity to show off your lack of intelligence. Neither of you have any idea how to debate. Your arguments consists of name calling, generalizations, regurgitating past post out of context, and using elementary catch phrases. I know your softball knowledge is limited, but it's also apparent your general intelligence is limited. Here's a challenge, without resorting to one of these debate fallacies state a clear opinion on something that is based on facts. Skarp, please be succinct, those long drawn out manifestos are too boring to read. Hinky, please stop talking for everyone else, and stop manufacturing disgust or outrage, that is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Skarp's favorite fallacy is to regurgitate past post out of context. If you want to read something not out of context, read Skarp's post on men coaching women on fastpitch discussion. His beliefs on women in sports and in the work place, are both disturbingly misogynistic, and historically inaccurate. But then again fact base writing is not a tool of the uninformed or belligerent.

Hinkys' favorite fallacy is to recruit others in his manufactured disgust or outrage. Where upon he becomes their spokesperson, or at least he thinks he does. It's a well disguised, but repulsive ploy. However, easily recognizable to those who know what to look for.

Writing that you and your friends are less than intelligent is not name calling, It's simply the truth. Read more, that's the key to improvement. Especially fact based material, not comic books. I'm merely trying to make you both better.

Lame excuses for good arguments gentlemen, you both receive a failing grade- F. I'm truly sorry,
Ill be grading your posts from now on, so give it a better effort mates. CC and out!

Remember, this is just a post on a softball forum. So don't work up a nerve, and try to develop debating skills. It would help you both to write much more intelligently.
Last edited by C77fastpitch on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 am, edited 21 times in total.
C77fastpitch

by C77fastpitch » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:59 am

Spazsdad, maybe you want to cuddle with him, are you jealous? Are you calling him honey or me? Either way, it's really gross. Why don't you get with Skarp, or Hinky they are more you speed. A new boy Donnie S, might be to your liken. He's not extremely intelligent, but apparently is a good friend of Skarps. Which wouldn't be a recommendation I could be proud of.
Last edited by C77fastpitch on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C77fastpitch

PreviousNext

Return to CA