Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

10's-12's who's who

by BBCoach2020 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:50 am

I've been away from the younger divisions for a few years. I know that the Monster Mash TCS Tournament is usually the measuring stick for the top teams in 10's and 12's. My 2 younger nieces are ready to move to travel come from rec this January and I saw a few teams this fall and wanted to get some honest opinions on some of the best teams in each division. Thanks.
BBCoach2020
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:20 am

TCS Results on website are helpful.
Like monster mash, how the pool play results categorize teams for single elimination tourny.
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Copper
Tin
Aluminum
Steel
Iron
Nickel
crankshaft

by GURULE18 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:21 am

Well, I'm also back coaching 12u. Did 10s, 12s 14s and now back to 12s.

So far from what I seen so far:

Angels Perez 06
Angel's Tyson 06
FC Thornburg 06
Power Surge Berndes 06
Athletics Mercado/Caroll
Firecrackers TJ 06
So Cal Athletics Beck 06

The 06 class is pretty tough - well trained young athletes with great coaching. There is as always some teams that dont belong out there as these coaches are failing to develop the players. Some friendlies you dont know what your gonna get. I think organizations should evaluate some teams/coaches before giving a team. See if the coach can teach what he's drilling them with, if he can hit infield outfield, teach scenarios, understand development. Players should be able to do routine stuff, basic throwing techniques, backhands etc.

I have an 07 team with really strong pitching that is giving fits to the 06 teams. I believe my squad is on it's way towards a top 25-30 overall. Not there yet but we'll revisit around May/June when most teams should be seasoned and jelling!

12s are my favorite though at least to me because its strictly softball at its finest not worrying about who's out watching my kid this weekend. Just play ball without the parent insanity in terms of recruitment!!!

Go Choppers Gurule!!!
GURULE18
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DirtyRiders » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:59 pm

No disrespect because I actually think Mercado is the Gold Standard, but there’s no way Mercado Carroll belongs in the conversation as a top 12u team
DirtyRiders
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sftblldad25 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:16 am

Suncats CA put on a tournament recently - Suncats Winter Classic. The 12u division was well attended and the eventual winner, OCBB Mascarenas had a tough road. Amongst the 12U teams that looked good:

Corona Angels - M Perez 06 - Runner ups
FC Weil 06 - 3rd place
So Cal Athletics Beck - 3rd place
CA Angels Tyson
Suncats 2024 Premier
I-5 (could be the dark horse of the Spring Season)
FC Thornburg - had a tough time in this tourney

Missing were So. Cal As Terrones, PowerSurge Berndes, both Athletics Mercado 06 teams, and OCBB Garcia 2024.

This will be fun Spring 2019. There are a few 07 teams knocking too - CA G Perez, Choppers Gurule, Choppers Franco, OCBB Villalobos, and Athletics Mercado Valencia.

Sorry if I left anyone off that should be here. This is only So. Cal. Please add comments.
sftblldad25
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sftblldad25 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:54 am

Oh, almost forgot about 10U. only three players in town: Choppers Franco 10U, angels McCullough, and So Cal A’s Medina/Fitzpatrick. Everyone else is pretending.
sftblldad25
Premium Member
Premium Member

by D-1 Dad » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:18 pm

sftblldad25 wrote:Oh, almost forgot about 10U. only three players in town: Choppers Franco 10U, angels McCullough, and So Cal A’s Medina/Fitzpatrick. Everyone else is pretending.

I believe you are right, CA McCullough and Choppers Franco are the two frontrunners and are head and shoulders above the rest, at least in California. CA's record is 39-4-2 while the Choppers are 33-5-2, and if you look at all of the big Tournaments either CA Mccullough or Choppers Franco have won. They are evenly matched with Choppers beating them in the last couple of finals. Here's my honest opinion on these two.

CA McCullough : I believe that the CA's are built for the long run, what I mean is that they are built for PGF Nationals. They have 2 aces and they pitch very well. They have a very solid defense and most importantly, they have depth. They were already good but picked up a stud from Vegas. With 2 ace pitchers and depth on the bench, it will be very hard to beat them at PGF.

Choppers Franco: Solid team with a great #1. They're starting 9 can compete and beat anyone. They are very aggressive on the bases and can hit as well. They're problem is that they rely on their ace pitcher too much. she is the staff and I believe will be overworked come PGF Nationals. She will sometimes pitch 5 games in a weekend. Thats a lot of games for a 10-11 year old. They will do well if they stay in the winners bracket, but if they go into the losers bracket it will be tough with only one pitcher to rely on.
D-1 Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to CA