Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

14u top teams this season

by Schmick » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Audreef1 wrote:Good morning! The Thornbird/Kaiser team is Thornburg/Adams! Thank you!

Believe the Thornburg/Kaiser team is called Brashear/Thornburg now.

The Adams team is good but I don't believe I'd rank them in the top 10 in So Cal.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Schmick wrote:
Audreef1 wrote:Good morning! The Thornbird/Kaiser team is Thornburg/Adams! Thank you!

The Adams team is good but I don't believe I'd rank them in the top 10 in So Cal.

Apparently can stick
Thornburg on anything.
crankshaft

by Schmick » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:05 am

crankshaft wrote:
Schmick wrote:

Apparently can stick
Thornburg on anything.

More a Brashear thing, dude has ten 14u Firecracker teams, himself, hope Rico is giving him a break.
14 girls a team, 10 teams, 25 dollars a month per girl...... that's $3,500 a month and over 38k a year to Rico for just his 14 year olds dues. That doesn't include all the Firecracker shirts, uniforms, sweatshirts, visors, hats.... that Tony is making off of Brashear's squads and their parents.

Makes you wonder why Brashear doesn't go out on his own, he has more 14U teams than OC Batbusters, Mercado Athletics, American Pastime, Explosion....
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:08 am

[quote="Schmick"][quote="crankshaft"][quote="Schmick"][quote="Audreef1"]Good morning! The Thornbird/Kaiser team is Thornburg/Adams! Thank you![/quote]

The Adams team is good but I don't believe I'd rank them in the top 10 in So Cal.[/quote]

Apparently can stick
Thornburg on anything.[/quote]

More a Brashear thing, dude has ten 14u Firecracker teams, himself, hope Rico is giving him a break.
14 girls a team, 10 teams, 25 dollars a month per girl...... that's $3,500 a month and over 38k a year to Rico for just his 14 year olds dues. That doesn't include all the Firecracker shirts, uniforms, sweatshirts, visors, hats.... that Tony is making off of Brashear's squads and their parents.

Makes you wonder why Brashear doesn't go out on his own, he has more 14U teams than OC Batbusters, Mercado Athletics, American Pastime, Explosion....[/quote]

Uhhh don't know that for sure he takes a cut of his own... But other coaches within that org has.

That's up to people if they want to put their money towards their own team or their money towards someone else's pocket. Down side is they don't always disclose where that money is going to, so there's a lot of people that don't realize they're contributing to pockets instead of their team. There are other orgs that offer a stipend for their coaches and are transparent about it.
Wouldn't mind paying a coach a stipend if it's a quality coach. They put in a lot of time and if they're knowledgeable and developing athletes, think they should be compensated.
Never pay extra to fill someones pocket who does nothing with the team!
crankshaft

by Schmick » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:19 pm

American Pastime Velasquez 04, OC Batbusters Flores, Firecrackers Brashear 2022, Firecrackers Brashear/Thornburg, So Cal A's Limo were all at the Don Battles On this weekend as well as some of the bubble teams Firecrackers Brashear/Allan, Firecrackers Holcomb/Knight, Ohana Tigers Quarles/Helms and a host of teams from No Cal and Arizona.
The better teams are at Rosetta in Elsinore while there are some lesser teams playing at BLD in Perris
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:01 am

Don Battles On results

Firecrackers Brashear/Allan 5-0
Wins over American Pastime Perez 05; CC FC Duke; SCA Limo; CC FC Ricks; FC Redmond

American Pastime Velasquez 04. 4-1
Wins over FC Brashear 2022; OC Batbusters Flores; Ohana Tigers Quarles/Helms

Firecrackers Brashear 2022 4-1
Wins over SC Choppers Ensey; AZ FC Kaye/Padilla; Monarchs Gold; OC FC Holcomb/Knight

So Cal Athletics Limo 4-1
Wins over EC Bullets CA; CC FC Duke; USA Athletics Sanchez; CA KO5

Cal A's Freeman 4-1
Wins vs AZ Hotshots; SD FC Brashear/Mata/Garcia 2022; CC FC Ricks; FC Brashear 2023

SD Firecrackers Brashear/Mata/Garcia 2022 4-2
Wins vs FC Redmond; AZ Hotshots; CA KO5; AP Perez 05

OC Firecrackers Holcomb/Knight 2023 3-1-1
Wins over CA Yardsharks 04 Lopez; Monarchs Gold; FC Brashear/Thornburg

OC Batbusters Flores 3-2
Wins vs Monarchs Gold; Illusions Premier Cain; CA Yardsharks 04 Lopez

Ohana Tigers Quarles/Helms 3-2
Wins vs SD FC Brashear/Mata/Garcia 2022; Monarchs Gold; FC Brashear/Thornburg

Firecrackers Brashear/Thornburg 3-2
Wins vs Illusions Premier Cain; Monarchs Gold; SCA Medina/Grasse/Molina

Those teams I would have as 10 of the top 15-20 14U teams in Southern California.

15 of which would be....alphabetically

American Pastime Velasquez 04
Cal A's Freeman
Corona Angels Tyson
Firecrackers Brashear 2022
Firecrackers Brashear/Allan
Firecrackers Brashear/Thornburg
Firecrackers Venegas 04
Mercado Athletics Greg 04
Mercado Athletics Hovermale 05
OC Batbusters Flores
OC Batbusters Shockey 04
OC Firecrackers Holcomb/Knight
Ohana Tigers Quarles/Helms
SD Firecrackers Brashear/Mata/Garcia 2022
So Cal Athletics Limo

+ 5 of the other teams that I would consider on the bubble of making this list.
Teams like
OC Batbusters Campbell; Ohana Tigers Holloway; So Cal Choppers Ensey; So Cal Athletics Medina/Briggs; Mercado Athletics Tidd; Firecrackers Brashear 2023; USA Athletics Mathis; Firecrackers Thornburg/Adams; OC Batbusters Gonzalez; Explosion Flores/Mays; Explosion Denio/Alaan
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by steelers530 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:18 am

I have to give props to Schmick, nice to see objectivity and honesty here. I would love to see this discussion expand to California. The whole planet knows So. Cal is the MECCA for softball (regardless of what Texas THINKS), and most sports period. The best NORCAL teams are down south every weekend, and honestly are not really claimed by NORCAL, because they rarely play there. I do have a kid on a Norcal team, but would love to see what the list looks like for the top 04 teams in California. Well the list with Dirtdogs-Pick and Breeze-Fernald, now that the fall season is complete.
steelers530

by crankshaft » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:12 pm

steelers530 wrote:I have to give props to Schmick, nice to see objectivity and honesty here. I would love to see this discussion expand to California. The whole planet knows So. Cal is the MECCA for softball (regardless of what Texas THINKS), and most sports period. The best NORCAL teams are down south every weekend, and honestly are not really claimed by NORCAL, because they rarely play there. I do have a kid on a Norcal team, but would love to see what the list looks like for the top 04 teams in California. Well the list with Dirtdogs-Pick and Breeze-Fernald, now that the fall season is complete.

Add what you want!
When you're NorCal teams play SoCal post the outcome!
Universal
Grapettes
Sorcerer
?

;) entertain the competition
crankshaft

by steelers530 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:57 pm

I am glad you posted this Crankshaft! I have followed this thread and really think it has hit some very important points about what fall softball (showcase) is all about. The top teams USUALLY get it right and "mix it up". As you have also seen that team that only bats their top 6, over and over. We all go to So. Cal week in and week out because your kids, your teams are the best.

It is fall softball, although everyone always tries to WIN every game, nobody should get to excited. At the end of the day PGF is all that counts and we are all chasing the Diamond Sports Hotshots. For sake of FUN, I will endulge a little because softball is over and I am on Vacation.

Based on this fall and the teams we have played, you guys are close from what I have seen.

Mercado/Greg

Angels-Tyson

Firecrackers Brashear-2022

Sorcerer-Schroll

We did not play Batbusters-Flores or Breeze-Fernald, but have seen them several times and both are very good. I have not seen Firecrackers Brashear-Allan or American Pastime-04 play this fall. Don't sleep on the Firecrackers-Redmond team, could be dangerous come PGF time. At the end of the day, if my kids team don't win it, I hope another California team does!!!
steelers530

by Schmick » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Thanks for the comments, I'm just pulling stuff from my butt and trying to move the board.

That Dirtdogs Pickering team is very legit. The Yardsharks Lopez team was pretty tough this spring, may have had a rough weekend. A tough No Cal team from the spring was the West Bay Warriors, they thumped my kid in a tournament, but they may habe been mixed with 03's in there cause they had some big girls.

In So Cal I see a lot of these teams and girls week in and week out and can sort of track how some of these girls and teams move year to year.

The Firecracker Brashear 2022 team is a mix of Explosion Smith girls and Firecracker Brashear/Lopez girls with some of the other top Brashear players from Thornburg's and Allan's teams. They're legit.

The Batbuster Flores team is some of the girls he had 2 seasons ago, minus the ones who left last year when his team was handed to Stith Juniorette for a season. They're figuring things out but are very talented

The American Pastime Velasquez 04 team is similar to last season's team except the two class of 2023 pitchers have left and in their places are So Cal As Alonzo's and Firecrackers Romero's #1's. On top of that, Pastimes #1 is back from an injury that had her out nearly all of last season. They're tough to beat with 4 stud pitchers.

The Firecrackers Brashear /Allan team lost their ace to the FC Brashear 2022 team as well as a few other players but with Power Surge and Breakers not being what they used to be most of the top SD area talent is finding it's way to Jeff who will coach them up.

Corona Angels Tyson is a mix of who Marty took from the Carter, Perez (formerly Powell) and FTS (formerly Ollison) first year 14's teams from 17/18 plus a few other girls Marty has brought along, I haven't seen them much but I'm sure, and told on here, that as usual, a very good team

Mercado As 2022 Greg is still the old Mercado As Kinch team from 12U's but handed to Borizelli and Campbell after they left Explosion. Last season they added some of BB Flores girls who didn't stay after Stith passed that team to his daughter and they have been adding to that team consistently since. Extremely talented squad

The '05/2023 teams I'm still getting to know. Very impressed with Mercado Hovermale and Firecrackers Holcomb Knight so far, still waiting to see OC Batbusters Campbell play but I don't doubt that they will be among the top
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA