Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12u top teams this season

by crankshaft » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:14 pm

Norcalfastpitch wrote:I personally don’t give credit for Saturday victories. How many tournaments has Universal 06 won? How many championships has Universal won? That’s what I gauge my standings on. Pretty sure universal has not eliminated any of the top 3 Nor Cal teams on a Sunday. Just my opinion.

Sarurday pool play games?
Or are you talkin friendly's?
crankshaft

by mmorti97 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:33 pm

Norcalfastpitch wrote:I personally don’t give credit for Saturday victories. How many tournaments has Universal 06 won? How many championships has Universal won? That’s what I gauge my standings on. Pretty sure universal has not eliminated any of the top 3 Nor Cal teams on a Sunday. Just my opinion.

I would agree, Saturday victories hold very little weight. I’ve seen so many of these teams do well on Saturdays then when good teams play their best 9 they get destroyed and it’s a full Sunday with the fam for them.
mmorti97
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 pm

tommyd2142 wrote:UF 06 Won both games they played against
San Jose Sting this fall and also beat Litton Mortimer and Boykin in the fall! The UF 06 team has moved to
California Grapettes 06 and they will be in the mix 100% We also beat LTG
Norcalfastpitch wrote:Top 10 06 teams in California:

1. Power surge bernedes
2. Mercado Athletics Ornelas
3. San Jose Sting 2024
4. AASA Mortimer
5. So Cal Sandlot
6. Fc thornburg
7. Fc Cen Cal Garza
8. Lady Magic Boykin (AASA Boykin)
9. FC TJ
10. Corona Angels Tyson

Honorable Mention:
Sorcerers Litton
So cal Athletics Briggs
Hollister Heat
Choppers Gurule
Ltg

Looks like uf/Grapettes
atleast make honorable
mention list!

Think Saturday pool play games do mean something because that determines what bracket you're going to play in Tournament Sunday.
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Copper

Interested to hear feedback why you would not credit Saturday games if they were pool games?
crankshaft

by Athletic1 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Because coaches with strong teams who REALLY know what they are doing DP/Flex with the EP on Pool Play Saturdays to maximize playing time.

I manage a top 16u team and we don’t go to 9 players until the semifinals Sunday.
Athletic1
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:02 am

Athletic1 wrote:Because coaches with strong teams who REALLY know what they are doing DP/Flex with the EP on Pool Play Saturdays to maximize playing time.

I manage a top 16u team and we don’t go to 9 players until the semifinals Sunday.

You want to win saturday games because you want to play top bracket on sunday. Yes!?
Hence apply strategy knowing that getting to the Top Bracket games on Sunday are going to be tougher because those are the winning teams. Yes!?

To the conversation about if saturday pool games matter.
Look at it this way, if you don't care about winning your Saturday pool play games then you don't mind playing in basically the losers bracket. Out of all teams. The best you can do is finish in the lower half. Atleast silver bracket is top half.

Most teams will never have the opportunity to play the top teams on sundays with this type of tournament.
Saturday pool means a great deal to them to beat a top team on Saturday!
Just sayin' :D :shock:
crankshaft

by ocfibell » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:11 pm

The list is solid. Most of the teams are easy to call out. All the big organizations are in the mix. Going to be a fun season now that all the 05’s are gone. Good luck to all.
ocfibell
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Norcalfastpitch » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:48 am

If there is not multiple brackets(I.E. Gold,Silver, Bronze) what does seeding matter. Getting girls playing time is the most important thing in those scenarios. Yes, a triple crown tournament with different sunday brackets you make sure you get 2 out of 3 on Saturday to get in the gold bracket and then Sunday is top 9 and full game plan. That is why you never celebrate a Saturday walk off victory like you won the tournament!! Lol
Norcalfastpitch

by crankshaft » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:13 am

Norcalfastpitch wrote:If there is not multiple brackets(I.E. Gold,Silver, Bronze) what does seeding matter. Getting girls playing time is the most important thing in those scenarios. Yes, a triple crown tournament with different sunday brackets you make sure you get 2 out of 3 on Saturday to get in the gold bracket and then Sunday is top 9 and full game plan. That is why you never celebrate a Saturday walk off victory like you won the tournament!! Lol

Maybe I'm being specific to the words you wrote "personally dont give credit to saturday games"
Clearly from what you wrote now saturday games do matter because they are seeding your team for the Sunday tournament.

Or maybe you're saying it
doesn't matter to you if
you're seeded Copper :? :lol:
Oh it does matter because you want to play in gold bracket.

Only about the top 20% of teams get to make the top gold bracket. For a lot of other teams not making silver or the lower brackets that is a success for them to make gold.

Good for you if your team always plays gold. Breezing threw sat games. Heres your trophy :P
crankshaft

by ih8ddyball » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:36 pm

IMO the top 12u team in the fall was FC TJ, but they werent much better than a large group of other teams.

I'm not going to include any Nor Cal team but here's a group of SoCal team that is going to beat up on each other during the Spring:

Athletics Mercado Ornelas
BB Garcia
BB Mascarena
CA Tyson
Explosion Derio Serrano
FC Weil
I5
Power Surge Bendes
SCA Terrones Medina Briggs

I would not want to play any of the teams above in the first round bracket play. The top 5-6 players for each of the teams above are interchangeable. The difference would be their depth at pitching and the bottom of their batting line up.

I dont think a 12u CA team is going to win PGF this year but if you're looking for a new team you cant go wrong with any of the teams above.

Good luck to all the teams out there. Looking forward to seeing as much good softball as possible. Parents let's keep it classy on the field. Let's make sure our daughters are safe and are having fun.
ih8ddyball

by ih8ddyball » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:11 pm

Looks like I should have added CA Perez to the list. They gave BB Mascarena a pretty good fight at the Suncats winter tourney. It was a tied game going into the 7th inning of championship play until Mascarena pulled away with the victory.

Every year I doubt CA Perez but every year they prove me wrong.

I also had my doubts about BB Mascarena in the fall but since December they've seemed to figure things out and have beaten alot of the top 12u team.
ih8ddyball

PreviousNext

Return to CA