Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12u top teams this season

by 12uforever » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:51 pm

JMO — 12u SoCal rankings. By group and alphabetical order within group. Lots of solid teams. Good luck to all.

Group A
Athletics Mercado Ornelas
California Suncats
Corona Angels Perez
Corona Angels Tyson
Firecrackers Weil (formerly FC TJ)
I - 5 North
OCBB Mascarenas
Power Surge Berndes
SCA Siofele

Group B
Firecrackers Thornburg
Ohana Urbina
SCA Medina Briggs
SCA Terrones
SoCal Sandlots

Group C
Athletics Carroll
Explosion Denio
OCBB Garcia
SCA Cooper
SoCal Breakers
12uforever

by sftblldad25 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:41 pm

Congratulations to the Choppers Franco 12U team for beating out a heavy-stick SGV Dynamite Team in the Battle of 07s.
sftblldad25
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bigclemdawg » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:47 am

sftblldad25 wrote:Congratulations to the Choppers Franco 12U team for beating out a heavy-stick SGV Dynamite Team in the Battle of 07s.

I second that
bigclemdawg
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sftblldad25 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:57 pm

Congrats to the teams that survived the Phoenix heat and earned PGF Berths!

Corona Angels M Perez - Premier
Athletics Mercado Carrol - Premier
Vendetta 12U - Premier
Athletics Mercado Valencia - Platinum

Some exciting games including I think a game with 4 or 5 ITB innings that went over three hours!
sftblldad25
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo » Tue May 14, 2019 8:05 am

How are things shaping up 12u?

Here's a couple teams from the list that have Premier births.

Grapettes moose- nor cal
Usa Athletics davis- so cal
Sue Trubovitz, Turbo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sftblldad25 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:53 am

Chopper Franco 12U with the Premier Berth in Salinas! Kudos team for a great effort going undefeated! See you in Huntington Beach in July!
sftblldad25
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ih8ddyball » Tue May 14, 2019 8:59 pm

Congrats to all the teams that earned Premier PGF birth. Not sure which team is still chasing a birth but what would you do if your team does not get a Premier birth? Would you jump ship and join a team that has a premier birth?

I would not mind too much if our coach picks up a couple of players so we can hit the 20-player mark. Seems like many of the top 12u teams are carrying around 20 players.

Going into the summer tournament season, what is the ideal number of players to carry at the 12u level? I would say 12 to 14 players would be ideal but which PGF team if any is carrying less than 15 players?
ih8ddyball

by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo » Wed May 15, 2019 7:03 am

ih8ddyball wrote:Congrats to all the teams that earned Premier PGF birth. Not sure which team is still chasing a birth but what would you do if your team does not get a Premier birth? Would you jump ship and join a team that has a premier birth?

I would not mind too much if our coach picks up a couple of players so we can hit the 20-player mark. Seems like many of the top 12u teams are carrying around 20 players.

Going into the summer tournament season, what is the ideal number of players to carry at the 12u level? I would say 12 to 14 players would be ideal but which PGF team if any is carrying less than 15 players?

Apparently carrying 12 to 20 players, even on a 12u roster,
is a range of players needed to meet the criteria for the different
coaches strategies, scategies and otherwise. ;)

Scategy : the opposite of
a planned approach.
Sue Trubovitz, Turbo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3BB » Wed May 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Funny how it only takes 11 or 12 girls from Texas or Tennessee to beat those 20 girl rosters. Comical that SoCal teams pull that BS because they are local but even more comical for the parents to go along with that charade. :lol: :lol: :lol:
3BB
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ih8ddyball » Wed May 15, 2019 9:42 pm

3BB wrote:Funny how it only takes 11 or 12 girls from Texas or Tennessee to beat those 20 girl rosters. Comical that SoCal teams pull that BS because they are local but even more comical for the parents to go along with that charade. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m biased but those Texas teams are overrated, lived in Texas a little bit and was not impressed. That Tennessee team is impressive but they pull players from multiple states.
If you take the top player from each of the SoCal team below, you’ll have the top 12u team in the nation by far.

12U Explosion - Denio/Serrano
Athletics Mercado Ornelas
Batbusters-Garcia 2024
Corona angels Tyson 06
FIRECRACKERS WEIL 06
I-5 Softball North 12u
OCBB Mascarenas
Power Surge Berndes
So Cal Athletics Terrones/Medina/Briggs
Suncats Natividad/Lee-Walker

The hardest part for some of these team will be figuring out who the best player would be. Since most of these girls play multiple positions, I’m pretty confident you’ll end up with the top pitching/catching combos, the top fielding team, and the biggest bats. Might not have the fastest team but it will definitely be the scariest and the most talented team.
If you’ve been around the 06 teams for a while, you would probably know the names or know the numbers of most of these girls.

Since Mascarenas was the last SoCal coach to win PGF at the 12u level, she’ll be my number 1 pick to coach the team, but I wouldn’t mind having Garcia, Weil, or Briggs on the coaching staff.
ih8ddyball

PreviousNext

Return to CA