Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

QOD; Toughest part of SoCal, who has the best and most teams

by ocarterok » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:00 pm

I think we have to go by location. I can't think of any of the top teams where all the girls come strictly from one area. Maybe at the younger ages but as a whole I think most teams have players that cross county lines.

Are there a lot of 100 % teams from one area out there? That would be a better question,
ocarterok
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:30 pm

ocarterok wrote:I think we have to go by location. I can't think of any of the top teams where all the girls come strictly from one area. Maybe at the younger ages but as a whole I think most teams have players that cross county lines.

Are there a lot of 100 % teams from one area out there? That would be a better question,

Agree about crossing county lines.

As far as where teams are based out of, thinking its where their practice location is. Has no bearing on how good they are.
crankshaft

by Under the Radar » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:46 am

ocarterok wrote:I'm going to say the Inland Empire. Mercado's team's have been in the top 5 in the country
and he's located in Riverside county

Tyson just won IDT & PGF and he's also located in Riverside County. There's a lot of great teams
that have been ranked on Flosoftball. in the Inland Empire. But of course I'm bias :)

The top tier teams such as Marty's team has kids from all over the map, just because they practice in Norco should not make them from there as, again using his team as an example he has kids from Bakersfield to San Diego & a lot of top tier 18Gold teams have kids from other states even.

I thought the question was which area produces the strongest players?

just a thought.....
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:02 am

Under the Radar wrote:

just a thought.....

Under, you're correct, the original question was who produces the strongest players, but after a lengthy discussion, it seems that for TB the question doesn't really apply.

I guess what area has the strongest teams? I will defer to Inland Empire, Riverside and Norco in particular.
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:58 am

eddiez577 wrote:
Under the Radar wrote:

just a thought.....

Under, you're correct, the original question was who produces the strongest players, but after a lengthy discussion, it seems that for TB the question doesn't really apply.

I guess what area has the strongest teams? I will defer to Inland Empire, Riverside and Norco in particular.

"for travelball the question doesnt really apply" ;)

Where a team is based out of is where you have to show up for practice. Has nothing to do with how good the team is.

EddieZ,
Still like the softball map
and pretty good observations about the people in those locations you described.
crankshaft

by ocarterok » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:06 pm

This was the original question:

Question of The Day

So Cal is huge. So Cal goes from Bakersfield to San Diego, and Santa Barbara to Baker/ Indio.

Which "Region" has the most teams, the toughest teams, and the most toughest teams?
Is it Ventura County (Santa Barbara/ Goleta to Simi Valley/ Thousand Oaks)
Is it San Fernando & Santa Clarita Valleys
Is it High Desert (Palmdale/ Lancaster to Victorville)
Is it Bakersfield area
Is it Los Angeles Metro
Is it San Gabriel Valley
Is it the IE
Is it the Palm Springs corridor
Is it the OC :o
Is it San Diego County

It's asking about teams and not individual players. That would have to be a different poll and I think it would be a tough one to figure out.( ex. where every player lives etc) JMHO
ocarterok
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:40 pm

How about switching the question.- To play on the toughest teams in SoCal where would you live?
Or
How far would you drive to play with them?
From and to?
LA.
Oc
ie
Sd

Oc is central to many top teams.
Traffic real bad tho.
Not going to want to make the drive during the week out to the IE or LA. for practice or hitting and Speed and Agility. But once in dark or older team and only have to drive there to practice on weekend that could happen!
Last edited by crankshaft on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crankshaft

by eddiez577 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:43 pm

crankshaft wrote:
eddiez577 wrote:
Under the Radar wrote:

just a thought.....

"for travelball the question doesnt really apply" ;)

Where a team is based out of is where you have to show up for practice. Has nothing to do with how good the team is.

EddieZ,
Still like the softball map
and pretty good observations about the people in those locations you described.

Crank, here's a link to a simple map I drew:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I-FCB ... sp=sharing
I'm sure it's not 100%, and some might want to further define it, but it kinda helps put the whole So Cal Travel Ball in perspective.
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:46 pm

crankshaft wrote:How about switching the question.- To play on the toughest teams in SoCal where would you live?
Or
How far would you drive to play with them?
From and to?
LA.
Oc
ie
Sd

Oc is central to many top teams.
Traffic real bad tho.
Not going to want to make the drive during the week out to the IE or LA. for practice or hitting and Speed and Agility. But once in dark or older team and only have to drive there to practice on weekend that could happen!

Like the map on link. But again riverside is larger. Posibly less san diego region.
crankshaft

by eddiez577 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:51 pm

crankshaft wrote:Like the map on link. But again riverside is larger. Posibly less san diego region.

So is Temecula part of SD County or IE?
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA