QOD; Toughest part of SoCal, who has the best and most teams

by crankshaft » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:13 pm

Old school map
Riverside
West edge of corona to
East all the way to Az. Border
North 10fwy/ yucaipa
South includes temecula
( does that make sense? all the way from the bottom base of the mountains. All the Way South including Temecula. including Corona and all the way over to the California Arizona border)

In your map it looks like you consider the Inland Empire as only a smaller portion of the region that Riverside really is.
crankshaft

by eddiez577 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:44 pm

crankshaft wrote:Old school map
Riverside
West edge of corona to
East all the way to Az. Border
North 10fwy/ yucaipa
South includes temecula
( does that make sense? all the way from the bottom base of the mountains. All the Way South including Temecula. including Corona and all the way over to the California Arizona border)

In your map it looks like you consider the Inland Empire as only a smaller portion of the region that Riverside really is.

Ok lol like I said not too familiar with the IE map, but figured there's nothing there from Riverside to AZ border :lol: (no offense Palm Springs, but couldn't draw in Palm Springs Corridor because ran out of layers). Based on my roadtrips for U-Trip AZ tourneys.
I guess what I'm trying to achieve is a map where teams are located at. Don't suppose I'm leaving out teams that practice at Eagle Mountain or Sheephole Valley Wilderness :lol:
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ocarterok » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:46 pm

eddiez577 wrote:
crankshaft wrote:Like the map on link. But again riverside is larger. Posibly less san diego region.

So is Temecula part of SD County or IE?

Temecula is Riverside County. But it's probably one of the last cities before you
hit San Diego County.

The Inland Empire is huge! it include's Riverside County and San Bernardino
County (which is gigantic by it's self!)
ocarterok
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ocarterok » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:53 pm

crankshaft wrote:
crankshaft wrote:How about switching the question.- To play on the toughest teams in SoCal where would you live?
Or
How far would you drive to play with them?
From and to?
LA.
Oc
ie
Sd

Oc is central to many top teams.
Traffic real bad tho.
Not going to want to make the drive during the week out to the IE or LA. for practice or hitting and Speed and Agility. But once in dark or older team and only have to drive there to practice on weekend that could happen!

Like the map on link. But again riverside is larger. Posibly less san diego region.

That's a hard question! Traffic is terrible in So Cal. I really don't know...
ocarterok
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:43 pm

The Inland Empire is going to be tough to beat or compare to just because the size of it and the amount of great players in the area.
On top of Corona Angels and Mercado Athletics you have quite a bit of the Brashear Firecrackers there in Eastvale and American Pastime based out of Upland.
All of the EM Speed and Power locations in the Inland Empire (Rancho Cucamonga, Corona, Murrieta) will continue to help the IE pump out players.

In HS you have the one big league out there, the Big 8, that had the D1 champion and the D2 runner up in 2018 (Norco & Riverside King) but the other leagues out there have some great teams as well. I don't know if they still play the Riverside County vs Orange County HS softball all star game any longer but I seem to recall Riverside County winning every year.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:51 pm

ocarterok wrote:
eddiez577 wrote:
crankshaft wrote:Like the map on link. But again riverside is larger. Posibly less san diego region.

So is Temecula part of SD County or IE?

Temecula is Riverside County. But it's probably one of the last cities before you
hit San Diego County.

The Inland Empire is huge! it include's Riverside County and San Bernardino
County (which is gigantic by it's self!)

Doesn't include all of either county though.
The Inland Empire is the western part of those two counties and goes from Temecula in the South to Rancho Cucamonga in the north, once you head up Cajon pass you're in the high desert.
Then it goes from Corona/Chino Hills/Claremont in the West to Yucaipa/Calimesa/Moreno Valley in East. Once you hit Morongo you're in the low desert
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:06 am

Schmick wrote:The Inland Empire is going to be tough to beat or compare to just because the size of it and the amount of great players in the area.
On top of Corona Angels and Mercado Athletics you have quite a bit of the Brashear Firecrackers there in Eastvale and American Pastime based out of Upland.
All of the EM Speed and Power locations in the Inland Empire (Rancho Cucamonga, Corona, Murrieta) will continue to help the IE pump out players.

In HS you have the one big league out there, the Big 8, that had the D1 champion and the D2 runner up in 2018 (Norco & Riverside King) but the other leagues out there have some great teams as well. I don't know if they still play the Riverside County vs Orange County HS softball all star game any longer but I seem to recall Riverside County winning every year.

Again brings up the point that many people drive to go play on those teams and don't live in that area. Really just where the team's practice out of is there logistical 'base location'.

Orange County has just over 3.2 million people Riverside County has about 2.5 million.
Density factor is greater in Orange County possibly more fields available in Riverside where there's more land.
crankshaft

by eddiez577 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:30 am

crankshaft wrote:
Schmick wrote:The Inland Empire is going to be tough to beat or compare to just because the size of it and the amount of great players in the area.

Again brings up the point that many people drive to go play on those teams and don't live in that area. Really just where the team's practice out of is there logistical 'base location'.

Orange County has just over 3.2 million people Riverside County has about 2.5 million.
Density factor is greater in Orange County possibly more fields available in Riverside where there's more land.

OK it's definite now:
IE most best teams
OC second
who's third?
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:36 pm

crankshaft wrote:

For travel teams, people will drive across county lines, hence the term "travel".

High School teams though, that only happens for the Big private schools and the IE doesn't have any of those but do send a lot of kids to the likes of O Lu, Mater Dei, Rancho Santa Margarita.... and wherever the girls go when the boys go to Bosco and Servite.
In HS you have the Big 8 league that is probably unmatched top to bottom by any HS league in the nation. Norco, ML King, Santiago, Corona, Roosevelt and Centennial.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:02 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Schmick wrote:For travel teams, people will drive across county lines, hence the term "travel".

High School teams though, that only happens for the Big private schools and the IE doesn't have any of those but do send a lot of kids to the likes of O Lu, Mater Dei, Rancho Santa Margarita.... and wherever the girls go when the boys go to Bosco and Servite.
In HS you have the Big 8 league that is probably unmatched top to bottom by any HS league in the nation. Norco, ML King, Santiago, Corona, Roosevelt and Centennial.

If you don’t think players transfer into public schools in the IE you are sadly mistaken. I have a few just on my TB team.
Not to mention outside of Norco and until recently Santiago the big 8 ain’t all that.

Go ahead and point out where I said that athletes at IE public schools don't transfer.

What other league has as many good teams as the Big 8?
Norco has been to back to back D1 championships
King went to the D2 championship in 2018
Santiago has been solid
That's 50% of the league
Roosevelt should make massive strides with Brashear and Smith coaching there now.
Corona and Centennial will likely be the weakest teams but they'd still beat Newport Harbor, Estancia, Costa Mesa, CDM, Woodbridge, University, Saddleback, SA Centennial... and it likely wouldn't be close.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA