Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who and how many 12u teams are still playing with 05 players

by crankshaft » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:33 pm

eddiez577 wrote:
crankshaft wrote:"games don't mean anything" :shock: . Of course it means something that's why people are playing.

Dude you just hit a quark in the fabric of youth fastpitch softball existential reality :o

Here's the paradox revealed: Friendlies don't mean anything. There's no scholarships being given away on that day/ its a drop dead game, so no true winner/ the opposing team is using older pick-up players that wouldn't get by a scrutinized tournament, etc.
But at the same time; This is a real game, with a real ball, a real "hot off the bat" bat, paid umpires, parents took the day off to drive 50 miles to a Friendly, the snack bar is making real money, and the players are getting real-time game experience that they will use to improve.

So..... What is your coaching philosophy? Red pill or blue pill :?: :?: :?:

Sams words "games don't mean anything".

Kind of sounds like an ego comment to say they don't mean anything. Like you have to get a trophy for it to mean something. Or place in a tournament for it to mean something. Even friendly's with 1:20 drop dead games still have game time structure.
Opportunity to pitch and strike someone out. That diving catch. Making the hot play of the day. Hitting a home run.
Yeah even friendly's means something!
crankshaft

by Sam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:16 am

crankshaft wrote:
Sam wrote:Its a chicken shit practice. If you are scared for your girls, don' t play those teams. Games don't mean anything now anyway.

Scared? WHAT?

Don't ride a bike
cuz you're scared.
Don't go swimming
cuz you're scared.
Don't go to the mall
cuz you're scared.
Don't drive in a car
cuz you're scared.
Don't go to school
cuz you're scared.

Seriously come on now.
What the heck, of course playing a sport take on some extra risk factor for some bumps and bruises. Any age or size athletes can cause injury.

Now....start talking about the standards for being a helicopter parent blah blah blah.

"games don't mean anything" :shock: . Of course it means something that's why people are playing.

Don't be an idiot.

a) My comment was made to the the OP. It was sarcastic.
b) If you think games in the Winter mean an iota more than an intersquad practice game, then you need help. They are tryouts for tournament games at Nationals. Nothing more, nothing less. They should all be resting duirng the Winter anyway.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:47 am

A) You commented in a discussion.
B) No you weren't being sarcastic because you actually think games still don't mean anything. As you exclaimed again in your next post."if you think games in the winter mean an iota more then you need help." Which proves your Ego speaks for you!

Team experience,
not coaches trophy room!
crankshaft

by Sam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:03 pm

crankshaft wrote:A) You commented in a discussion.
B) No you weren't being sarcastic because you actually think games still don't mean anything. As you exclaimed again in your next post."if you think games in the winter mean an iota more then you need help." Which proves your Ego speaks for you!

Team experience,
not coaches trophy room!

You can't be this stupid. The sarcasm was directed at the OP's issue with playing his princesses against older players.
Thank you for proving my point regarding the meaningless nature of winter games.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Sam wrote:

Team experience,
not coaches trophy room!

You can't be this stupid. The sarcasm was directed at the OP's issue with playing his princesses against older players.
Thank you for proving my point regarding the meaningless nature of winter games.

Way to backpedal!
crankshaft

by Sam » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:44 am

crankshaft wrote:
Sam wrote:

Team experience,
not coaches trophy room!

Way to backpedal!

Well, that answers thte question about stupidity.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Backnine » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:43 am

Wow I didn t mean to start such a commotion. LOL . Everything matters. Some things more than others I like winning friendlies. I like winning ping pong. I like winning at golf. I like winning! Competing to win at everything is important. Playing friendlies is a learning experience but I still want the players competing always. You can say it doesn't matter if you win or lose a friendly in November and this might be true but I would never tell my daughter that.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to CA